Its A Cannondale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Before you spend £1000s on being weight weenie, just remember that most pro's bike are around 7.5kg, bringing out the 6.8kg super light ones for long mountain stages. 1kg on the bike is nothing

Didn't know that so I've learned something today .. cheers. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just been thinking about what outlash said about road bikes..
So would there be much difference between the Specialized Comp or Caad 8 and a Caad 10/ Supersix? I know there will a difference?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Never ridden a CAAD but I have recently purchased a Supersix Evo Red coming from a Specialized Roubaix 2010 and it is a fantastic bike, it is as smooth if not smoother ride than the Roubaix but quite a bit more aggressive position which I have not found a struggle to adapt to. The Cannondale's come with a massive amount of spacers that allow you to reduce the bar height over a period.

potsy

Rambler
Not the best picture but this was my Caad8 when I picked it up from the shop this time last year, really nice bikes.

resized caad.jpg

It now has some nice Ultegra wheels and less reflectives, but is otherwise unchanged bar the 12-30 cassette for slightly more help on the hills :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Nice bike I saw a light blue CAAD8 in Evans that looks stunning

They did have a light blue in the shop in Malaga but I liked the black better, would of been even better in Cannondale colours.. :smile:
Never ridden a CAAD but I have recently purchased a Supersix Evo Red coming from a Specialized Roubaix 2010 and it is a fantastic bike, it is as smooth if not smoother ride than the Roubaix but quite a bit more aggressive position which I have not found a struggle to adapt to. The Cannondale's come with a massive amount of spacers that allow you to reduce the bar height over a period.

They dont do demo bike's in the shop over here that I use, but the Trek shop have a couple of bikes a 3.5 and a 5.2 Madone so I might have a go on there's and see what its like?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Not the best picture but this was my Caad8 when I picked it up from the shop this time last year, really nice bikes.

View attachment 45248

It now has some nice Ultegra wheels and less reflectives, but is otherwise unchanged bar the 12-30 cassette for slightly more help on the hills :thumbsup:

The wheels I have on mine are the R3.0's is that what you had to start with.. and I have a 11-32 cassette as well to help with the hills..
Great bikes ... :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
The wheels I have on mine are the R3.0's is that what you had to start with.. and I have a 11-32 cassette as well to help with the hills..
Great bikes ... :thumbsup:
That's right, have saved mine for spares or to use on my commuter when it next needs new ones.
Mine came with a 12-28 so it's only a small change but coming from a triple I needed all the help I could get ^_^

Peteaud

Veteran
I am a dale fan but i don't like the pale blue.

I went out to buy a roubaix, and came back with a supersix. It is so good to ride it just eats the miles up. As for comfort, it fits me perfectly, is very comfy (change the tape to synapse gel).

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I saw a supersix in evanscycles a few weeks back and it was stunning, the colour scheme was just about the same as my Caad 8. I dont know if they do any other colours but I do like the black models..
We are just buying a house in the UK and due to complete at the end of next week so I will go to evans when we come over and have a test ride. :smile:
PS I will get some gel tape for the bars its loads better.

Top Bottom