Its A Cannondale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
But then the 2014 will be cheaper and even more of a bargain.

True... ^_^

Peteaud

Veteran
Just out of interest what do the Ultegra's have better than the 105's.. apart from the runing gear?

Just the groupset / running gear as a rule.

The Synapse AL is available in 105 an Ultegra. The difference is a splash of green colour on the frame and obviously the ultegra bits.

TBH 105 is good enough although Ultegra (i have Ultegra Di2) is just a bit sweeter.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
@Peteaud..

I was googling last night at a few bike shop's and noticed that none had the Supersix Ultegra in my size so it seems they have sold out..
The other thing was at evancycle prices the 105 is £1700 and the Ultegra is £2500 did you think its worth the extra..
Trek do a Madone 4.9 for £ 2200 the down side is its not a Cannondale and you have of course, Planet X, Boardman, and Canyon that all do Ultegra's for £2000 but which again aren't Cannondales.
I could of course buy a Ultegra 105 and then spend £800 on a set of new wheels..
Seriously the Supersix Ultegra is still my first choice but a lot of things to consider? so more sleepless nights :biggrin:

toptom

This is my Caad 10 got it last September love riding it
image.jpg

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Am I the only one who sees a bit of irony having the frame in that colour (lovely thought it is) in front of what appears to be a Bianchi banner?

Anyway, FWIW here's my CAAD8.

Tony.

Well spotted with the Bianchi banner..
Like the colour scheme on yours too its bit more Cannondalish, I have to say I love the Cannondale green just like Kawasaki green.
Are they Fulcrum 3's.. :smile:

outlash

also available in orange
They're Fulcrum 5's with 25mm Continental GP 4 seasons on them. It originally had white bar tape & a white seat which had to go. It looks better than it did IMO, but not as ruggedly handsome as my CAADX which turned up on Saturday morning :smile:.

Tony.

Attachments

• CAADX.jpg
    CAADX.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
They're Fulcrum 5's with 25mm Continental GP 4 seasons on them. It originally had white bar tape & a white seat which had to go. It looks better than it did IMO, but not as ruggedly handsome as my CAADX which turned up on Saturday morning :smile:.

Tony.

The Fulcrums are good wheels for the money I think, I will try the 25cc size with my Conti 4000s next time round.
I have white tape on my endurence bike that I'm eager to change..why would any want white is beyond me..
Your new bike looks very cool.. one might be on my shopping list when I get back to the UK some time soon..

Paul.

outlash

also available in orange
IIRC, I paid about £150 for the Fulcrums when they were selling them off cheap and they've already been through one winter and getting on for 3,000 miles without missing a beat. Superb value at that price.

I've had one outing on the CAADX and it's great fun, got a little ambitious with some of the 'paths' I took it down but it managed them fine. 35mm tyres on the road are so comfy, I'm thinking how wide can I go on the 8!

Tony.

Peteaud

Veteran
@Peteaud..

I was googling last night at a few bike shop's and noticed that none had the Supersix Ultegra in my size so it seems they have sold out..
The other thing was at evancycle prices the 105 is £1700 and the Ultegra is £2500 did you think its worth the extra..
Trek do a Madone 4.9 for £ 2200 the down side is its not a Cannondale and you have of course, Planet X, Boardman, and Canyon that all do Ultegra's for £2000 but which again aren't Cannondales.
I could of course buy a Ultegra 105 and then spend £800 on a set of new wheels..
Seriously the Supersix Ultegra is still my first choice but a lot of things to consider? so more sleepless nights :biggrin:

I would buy the 105 and a set of wheels.

Top Bottom