It's Eurovision time again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I would like to know how the Armenian entry, which is sh*t, got through from the first semi-final but the Montenegro song, which is fab didn't? Great song and the video for Montenegro's entry was full of half naked men!!:biggrin::tongue::tongue:

What more could you want?;)

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
cookiemonster said:
...half naked men!!:biggrin::tongue::tongue:

What more could you want?;)
Whole naked men?

HelenD123

Legendary Member
I haven't had a Eurovision party for years and will be away again this year:sad:. But there is a TV:smile:. I wonder if I can persuade people to watch it? Me and my old housemates used to do a lucky dip and you had to bring food or drink of the country you'd chosen.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm big Eurovision Tart!

Beers in the fridge, a huge pile of nibbles is on hand, just gotta take daughter No 2 to a sleep-over and I'll be claiming my place on the sofa for the duration for the anuual cheesy/camp song-athon!

yello

Fab Foodie said:
the anuual cheesy/camp song-athon!

I really do reckon that's the nub of it. Anyone that thinks it's about the best song is just in for a huge disappointment! Whether it was meant to be that way, I have no idea but this Frankenstein's monster has now got a life of it's own.

And, in all seriousness, I don't think the UK quite gets it. Many think they do (Wogan included) but not really. They kind of look down on it, pretend not to take it seriously, take the piss etc but secretly have a notion of winning with the best (Eurovision) song... failing to understand why the UK entry continually gets 'null point' scores.

Lord knows its beyond me but at least I don't pretend to understand! I don't share the cultural reference points. Eurovision is the bastard child of Eurodisco and Austrian Elvis impersonators. And long may it remain so.

Rob S

Oh that's just great choreography from Arlene Phillips....Jade got a minor wack in the face from a miming violin player!!!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
They're now getting round to the voting. Tell me I heard the Rumanian (??) lyrics wrongly as they seemed to have punch line of "We will shag all night". Either they've had bad luck with a dictionary or she had a a strange way of pronouncing another word.

Rob S

longers said:
Did they link up with the Spacestation at one point?

Yep...and announced they'd repeat Gargarin's first words in Space....'Europe, start voting!':wacko:

But what I want to know is.....which one of you *******s voted for TURKEY!!!!????:ohmy:xx(

Despite being a fan of Dita Von Teese's work....I have no idea how Germany got away with having her on stage during their song.....I'm just off to watch it again to confirm my outrage!

Top Bottom