It's Eurovision time again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Rob S said:
Yep...and announced they'd repeat Gargarin's first words in Space....'Europe, start voting!':wacko:

But what I want to know is.....which one of you *******s voted for TURKEY!!!!????:ohmy:xx(

Despite being a fan of Dita Von Teese's work....I have no idea how Germany got away with having her on stage during their song.....I'm just off to watch it again to confirm my outrage!

Whilst I didn't vote, my top 2 were Turkey and Azerbaijan, and the Eurovoting bore-out my opinion that these were contenders... maybe I've been a fan of this show for too long ;)
Much to the surprise of my family I also pre-guessed most of the tactical votes as well :blush:

To be honest, I thought it was a bit tame by recent Eurovision standards, there were not any really memorable songs (either good or bad) but maybe that's a good thing. The voting was certainly improved and maybe the song will start to take centre stage once more.

I remain a fan :biggrin:

rafiki

Retired Brit living in Spain
Effing Norton was even worse that that other c**t . Constant interruption, irritating voiceovers and some very ugly, unnececary comments. Apart from him I enjoyed the show. ;)

The whole country has gone mad!

First Edvald Boasson Hagen (who happens to be in my fantasy team :blush:) continues his great run of form, then Norway wins the Eurovision Song Contest, and today is the Norwegian National Day!

There are flags EVERYWHERE!

Four million people and 10 million flags!

Cookie Monster! Unlucky Finland! ;)

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Doesn't bother me Dayvo re Finland being last but it was nice to see someone else finish bottom for a change.:biggrin:

My vote went to Iceland.:blush:

Happy Norwegian day Dayvo.;)

PrettyboyTim

To be honest I'm kind of glad that Terry Wogan stopped doing Eurovision. I really enjoyed his commentary but over the last couple of years he just spent longer and longer whining about political voting. Would you like some cheese with that, Terry?

There were rather few truly bizarre performances this year, though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I thought Graham Norton did a very good job, a fine balance between being Wogan and not being Wogan.

I love the German guy's shiny pants and the sequinned gimp - can't remember which country it was. And the Russian aging video thing was bizarre, esp when she just sobbed at the end...

Thought ours was as awful as I've always thought it was - I hate warbling women singers.

Favourite remark was probably when Graham Norton said "now, I'm going to a party later, and really fancy wearing a dress made out of wrapping paper, but where will I get one?" and then the Russian lady presenter walked on wearing something that looked like exactly that....

Cathryn

Legendary Member
My favourite Norton moment was for Turkey - four glamazons in red dresses...and a bloke in a random shirt/trouser combo. Graham said that he thought one of the dancers had been taken sick and had been replaced with the minibus driver....and he was spot on. We didn't stop laughing for the entire song.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
My favourite Norton moment was for Turkey - four glamazons in red dresses...and a bloke in a random shirt/trouser combo. Graham said that he thought one of the dancers had been taken sick and had been replaced with the minibus driver....and he was spot on. We didn't stop laughing for the entire song.

oh yes, that was good. (Was it Turkey though? I thought Turkey had belly dancer types....)

I reckon he did well - enough of the sarky comments to be funny, but not overdoing it.

And those dreadful 'comedy' moments between the two Russian presenters <cringe>

Mr Pig

Arch said:
Thought ours was as awful as I've always thought it was - I hate warbling women singers.

Agree. Sometimes you wonder if they even know what the correct note is!

yello

Rob S said:
They were a vast improvement on the model and dickhead they used for the semis!!

That was Nicole and Tom and I thought they were superb! Eurovision is meant to be awful and tacky and cringeful!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Arch said:
I thought Graham Norton did a very good job, a fine balance between being Wogan and not being Wogan.

I love the German guy's shiny pants and the sequinned gimp - can't remember which country it was. And the Russian aging video thing was bizarre, esp when she just sobbed at the end...

Favourite remark was probably when Graham Norton said "now, I'm going to a party later, and really fancy wearing a dress made out of wrapping paper, but where will I get one?" and then the Russian lady presenter walked on wearing something that looked like exactly that....

Look out for me at the York show Arch.

I'll be the one in the shiny, sequinned bib shorts:biggrin:

Top Bottom