Ive been up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
That hill in Wales, you know the one, it gets classed as a mountain.
I walked(for some reason) up that stupid hill, with no proper walking gear, my brother in crocs and we were on the minors route.
It was my mothers idea, she decided to give it a go before she couldnt do it anymore.
So we start off, my 2 brothers walk off ahead, i stay with my parents. I get bored of that and go off ahead, and me and a brother go up. We can see **** all, no real idea of where we were going. We get to one bit and climb up some rocks and keep going.
We get to the false top still seeing nothing and thinking whats the point.
We go right to the top and.................................
we can still see **** all :biggrin:
No-one going up and down can tell the time, we asked a guy, he looked at us and said 50mins to the top, wrong it was 20:wacko:
Theres big groups of families going up going stupidly slow, and people taking dogs up on leads, which get in the way.
So, Mount Snowdon is a fake, and not a mountain.

I did also go around the Welsh country side on my fixed(72") with no real problems.
One road was 1.7miles with 550feet of climbing, it was pretty much at the start aswell, so there was abit of zig zagging going on.
The next one that i decided to go up, went up 700ft in 1 mile. That one was a bitch, lots of swearing and no real zig zagging because the road was too narrow.
The less steeper one was 2 miles of climbing, where you go 500ft up. That was easy, and not all that fun to go down.

ChrisKH

Guru
And what do you want? A medal? :biggrin:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

ChrisKH said:
And what do you want? A medal? :biggrin:

I wanted to get up there, and get hugs from very fit blonde women, with big boobs and with them hanging out and not wearing much, before they tell me to get walking back down.
Not a stupid roack pointing me in the direction of places i cant see.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

I could of gone up that mole hill was i was 1.
Infact, there were toddlers going up it.
I was up for a harder route, but my mums walking isnt the best so we all had to go up that route. She didnt make it up to the top though.

snorri

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
I was up for a harder route, but my mums walking isnt the best so we all had to go up that route. She didnt make it up to the top though.
You and two brothers and you could not carry your old mother up Snowdon, bunch of wimps.:biggrin:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

snorri said:
You and two brothers and you could not carry your old mother up Snowdon, bunch of wimps.:biggrin:

Shes 47/48 i think, so not that old.
She got to one bit where it gets alot steeper, and you go up a very rocky bit, and she decided that even if she got up, she would struggle down. So she decided to turn back. But wants to do it again on a more gradual route without abit of a climby bit.
I say just get a train up when you know you will be able to get a good view, then go out on bike when you get back down.

Noodley

Joe24 said:
Shes 47/48 i think, so not that old.
She got to one bit where it gets alot steeper, and you go up a very rocky bit, and she decided that even if she got up, she would struggle down. So she decided to turn back.

I'm sure with a bit of support and encouragement from her loving sons that she would have achieved it, after all you were doing it for her, weren't you?

Joe24 said:
It was my mothers idea, she decided to give it a go before she couldnt do it anymore.

Maybe even a bit of physical support as well as emotional support might have helped eh?

You chose an easy route in good weather. You'd believe it was a mtn in different circumstances trust me. I can just see the mtn rescue rolling their eyes at the thought of some kids going up in crocs with no gear and no idea.

TVC

Last time I went up we went by the Rhdd-Duu path, with solid cloud from 500m, but when we got to the top there were kids in football kits being dragged up the motorway despite the fact that it was bearly above freezing. Mental!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Nope, theres pictures of me coming down, not going up, when my brother asked for a break he got told no.
Why would the mountain rescue roll their eyes? Its just the walkers that struggle up the mound in all the gear doing crap that would roll their eyes.
The visibility wasnt good at all, after we got up so far you couldnt see much around you. And at the top at times you just saw black figures walking towards you.
@ Noodley, even if we were there she would of struggled. There was no way to keep hold of her incase she slipped on the rocks, and would of needed lifting or kept a firm hold of when going up/coming down. Shes not the most steady on her feet now, but was doing fine up till the section you do a right and have to pick your way through steep rocks. So next time we are going to go on a longer route without the slight climbing bit. Any suggestions for that route? Mum just picked a random one that wasnt too long but was ment to be easy.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

Mountain Rescue are frequently called to Snowdon to rescue people in flipflops, shorts and t-shirt.

But not experienced hikers that are me and my brother.
Crocs also arent flip flops.
I had a jumper on, not just shorts and t shirt, and the way to stop getting cold is to just keep walking, or walk faster. Its simple.

Top Bottom