Ive been up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
User3143 said:
:smile::laugh:On the basis that your mate got out of breath walking (not climbing) up it!

And surely Leelee, if you think that killi isnt a true mountain, then you will think that Snowdon isnt.
And Killi doesnt have a train going all the way up it does it?
And do some people get so far up Snowdon and have to go back down due to altitude sickness?

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
:smile: (you do make me laugh)

Anyway to your post......I hardly think they would build a train that could go to the summit which is at a height of 5891m!:smile:

As for attitude sickness - of course not. However you are missing the point, Kilimanjaro is an easy mountain to climb. I thought you said you wanted a challenge?:laugh:

I don't think that it is not a ''true mountain'' just easy to climb...:blush:oops, sorry walk up.

So do you yet agree that no true mountain should have a train going up it? I mean, having a train going up a so called 'mountain' is silly, dont you think? And shouldnt that make it lsoe the mountain status?
I mean, its just like catching a train to Skegness or wherever for a nice day.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
Looks both ways...it's only got a train going up it to increase tourism in the area and bring in revenue.

As for it being silly? Couldn't care less.

Shouldnt a true mountain bring tourism without the need for a train?
JUst being in the shadows of a true mountain should bring people to the area.
You do admit to it being silly though, you just cant agree with me.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
That's actually not a bad point, however it does give a chance for people to go up the mountain via train or foot. Not to mention I think the view would be something else on a nice clear day and what better way to enjoy it - on a train.

I don't admit to it being silly, I really couldn't care less.

On a train yes, but all the way to the top? I mean come on, a train all the way to the top, and then a few steps to the top for a quick picture. Thats not a proper mountain.
A train to go so far up? Ok, thats not bad, at least you can say you have been so far up.
I think even walking so far up a good proper mountain would attract people.

:laugh::ohmy:I did a not bad point:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: I need to go back to spoiting utter crap again

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:

Lee i thought you were learning from me then.
Snowdon isnt a proper mountain.
How many proper mountains do you know have a train going all the way to the top and back down again? Besides Snowdon(which isnt a proper mountain)
I think the problem lies with the Welsh. Oh yes. They are so desperate for a mountain that they carried up material to the top of a hill to get it over the 'official mountain height' which is a load of rubbish.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
Careful you don't offend the Welsh - we wouldn't want that to happen.:laugh:

After a quick google it would appear that anything over 1000ft above sea level can be classed as a mountain. At 3560ft the Welsh must have dumped a lot of ''material'' at the summit then?:laugh:

No, im talking about that other one.
Theres a book on it called, 'i walked up a hill, and came down a mountain' or something.
My mum said something about it, and it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:
:laugh:Joe, that is a work of fiction - it didn't happen.

Which goes to prove that the Welsh are all mad.
Answer me Lee, what proper mountain has a train going up it? Besides what that mound you call a mountain thats Snowdon.

peanut

I went up Snowdon with a bunch of scruts when i was 14 .We met Sir Edmund Hilary coming down :laugh: we couldn't find anything for him to autograph :laugh:

When we got to the very top someone had a tranny radio and we received the news that we had won the World cup .It was 1966 .
where were you when we won the World cup? :ohmy:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

peanut said:
I went up Snowdon with a bunch of scruts when i was 14 .We met Sir Edmund Hilary coming down :laugh: we couldn't find anything for him to autograph :laugh:

When we got to the very top someone had a tranny radio and we received the news that we had won the World cup .It was 1966 .
where were you when we won the World cup? :ohmy:

You sir, are old.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

User3143 said:

You dissapoint me Lee:sad:
I was expecting so much more.

But, from that, i will take it that there is no proper mountains that have a train going up. Which makes Snowdon a fake.
And the reason i can gather this information, is because Lee doesnt know, and he appears(sometimes) to know alot.

GentleBenn

Veteran
Cairngorm mountain

Snaefell mountain

They have trains going up !

They have trains going up mountains in the Andes and across mountain ranges in China !

I think you're on about Garth mountain , that us MAD welsh made bigger to qualify as a mountain .
I've cycled up and down that, but you've probably done so much more in your long ,long life !

Ignorance is bliss, and judging by the saying " What you dont know , cant hurt you " you're practically invincible ! :laugh:

OP
OP
J

Joe24

GentleBenn said:
Cairngorm mountain

Snaefell mountain

They have trains going up !

They have trains going up mountains in the Andes and across mountain ranges in China !

I think you're on about Garth mountain , that us MAD welsh made bigger to qualify as a mountain .
I've cycled up and down that, but you've probably done so much more in your long ,long life !

Ignorance is bliss, and judging by the saying " What you dont know , cant hurt you " you're practically invincible ! :laugh:

See, mad welsh man

Top Bottom