Jeepers, Creepers, where'd you get those peepers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Ok folks, who's a speccy bastaad then? ;)
I got glaases 6 yrs ago, as (at a rather young 40, then, I developed some macular degeneration. However, I only wear specs when driving, which is about once a month.... I often think I should wear them when cycling (to get the best out of the countryside) but I don't. :biggrin:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I wear specs but also Contact Lenses especially when on the bike or training at the ThaiBox club. Been speccy since I was 13, aboout 16years ago.

Greedo

Funny you should post that my man.

I got glasses 10 years ago and ditched them after a year for contacts.

Said to my wife on Saturday I fancied a pair of Gregorys again though and spent yesterday inbetween getting my Tina Turner outfit sorted and a wee spot of lunch looking at some. All the decent independent optiticians in Glasgow city centre are closed on a Sunday so the choice in Specsh*ters and Vision Express was poor, poor,poor.

Will make it my mission over the next week to get sorted and enter back into the Joe90 brigade

Willow

I had my eyes lasered 2 months ago. One eye is now distance, one reading and the brain adapts - fantastic ;) I have worn glasses for about 15 years, varifocals for around the last 5 or so. Out of interest rather than a burning desire to have it done investigated the laser route. Spent nearly 12 months investigating and seeking various opinions and did the deed in August.

More comfy wearing that helmet without glasses, no rain to contend with or lost specs, can read anything even the teeniest print. Can you tell I'm pleased?:biggrin:

Willow said:
I had my eyes lasered 2 months ago. One eye is now distance, one reading and the brain adapts - fantastic ;) I have worn glasses for about 15 years, varifocals for around the last 5 or so. Out of interest rather than a burning desire to have it done investigated the laser route. Spent nearly 12 months investigating and seeking various opinions and did the deed in August.

More comfy wearing that helmet without glasses, no rain to contend with or lost specs, can read anything even the teeniest print. Can you tell I'm pleased?:biggrin:

Ha ha - by accident! ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
Fnaar said:

Was reading a news story last week saying that eating spinach dramatically reduces the likelyhood of getting MD and if you already have it, eating spinach can reverse the problem.

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I had excellent vision till 6 yrs ago, then (I can remember the day it happened) I suddenly couln't see the detail far away... I guess it was wet macular degeneration, which normally affects folk older than me, but it happened suddenly, and thankfully hasn't got worse since then. ;)

longers

Legendary Member
Need specs for detailed work.

Bit strange that at work there is no provision for eyecare when much of our work has detail in it :biggrin:
I'll mention it at my next appraisal (yes, I am after a free pair of specs ;))

Greedo

My Dads got it. He was told to eat spinach like the other poster said. he eats a little bowl every night before his dinner and it's seems to being the trick. Been doing it for a year now. Doesn't get the wavy line stuff so much now which for an architect is quite a good thing I suppose ;)

Fnaar said:
I had excellent vision till 6 yrs ago, then (I can remember the day it happened) I suddenly couln't see the detail far away... I guess it was wet macular degeneration, which normally affects folk older than me, but it happened suddenly, and thankfully hasn't got worse since then. :biggrin:

I've worn glasses since I was 5 years old. Back then it was the NHS 'Joe 90' style but now glasses are considerably cooler with a massive choice of frames and lenses. Tried contacts a few years back but had problems with a eye infection caused by the cleaning fluids.
On the bike I use prescription sunglasses from Optilabs or wee inserts on my Rudys

D

Deleted member 1258

Started wearing glasses many years ago when I found out that my arms were to short, I couldn't hold papers and other things far enough away to read them, been wearing bifocals ever since.

Top Bottom