Jeepers, Creepers, where'd you get those peepers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Because it's all in the name of style! Stick a label on the side and charge what you want!

Mr Phoebus said:
Why are glasses getting smaller and smaller, but the prices are getting bigger and bigger?

Muuuuuuhh.....:ohmy:

Been a speccy bast since I was 8. Got contacts when I was 16. Got the 30 day continuous contacts about five years ago. They were great, waking up and just being able to see was fantastic! Sadly my eyes have taken against them and I'm back to being a speccy bast again. :cry:

Might investigate laser but the thought of having my eyes buggered about with by a bloke waving a scalpel freaks me out somewhat. :biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
At 50, no proper glasses for me, but i'm finding it almost impossible to read the freekin miniscule letters they use nowadays on food labels...what chance have you got, they're bloody tiny.
Reading, just started using reading glasses. No4 (is that right) work well for me.
I do get more tired eyes now, and find myself squinting... realy must be overdue a pair...but i've been saying that for 15 years :biggrin:

I've also noticed when i'm working on machinery, particually when closey watching a component..i need extra light on it to see it.

I have a theory...once you start wearing, you're knackered for evermore. I think it makes the eyes lazy, then the probem feeds itself.

I wore glasses for long sightedness from when I was 14 until I was 30. Now I don't need them any more and I have excellent vision all round. I can only assume that my long sightedness has gone because I have become more short sighted, so I suppose that will continue until I can't see properly...

peanut

Dayvo said:
I've got good vision, but, now aged 48, have trouble with small print in bad light.

Having a second eye test in January following up one (my first since I was at school) a year ago to see if there is any deterioration.

first signs Dayvo mi boyo;)

It never occurred to me my near sight was failing until I'd spent a year working under ever brighter lights and cursing the dark.

If I could offer anyone advice it would be use glasses as little as possible as your near vision deteriorates faster the more you use glasses. :sad:

Mr Phoebus

Kirstie said:
I wore glasses for long sightedness from when I was 14 until I was 30. Now I don't need them any more and I have excellent vision all round. I can only assume that my long sightedness has gone because I have become more short sighted, so I suppose that will continue until I can't see properly...

You spend most of your time looking through the bottom of a glass.

It's true, your avatar says so. :?:

col

Legendary Member
I had my medical to keep my pcv licence live,and my vision was perfect,but i do have a small problem with low light and small print when reading,but those pound shop 1 1/2 x specs in a little case sort that for me,i have a pair everywhere i might read.

Better than 6/3 vision for me (or when I left the army it was). I don't even have trouble with small print at nearly 50 yo. Annoys the hell out of an amateur astronomer of my aquaintance when I tell him how many of the Pleiades I can see, 14 on agood night.

Top Bottom