Jens Voigt..Withdrawn.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
yello said:
Interesting quote from here

The three official Tour regulators--those who position themselves behind different groups within the race to monitor the racing--were very critical of Voigt's equipment. "They are using deep-profile carbon wheels and they are just too stiff," said Francois Lemarchand, a one-time teammate to Greg LeMond and now one of the Tour's three regulators. "You combine that with the stiff carbon frames and it is just too rigid. They can't absorb any shock."

Which is another way of saying - no we don't sort out the roads, other than to throw gravel in the potholes.

Posted message on Saxo's site with a link to this thread...

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I think he was very popular because of his no BS attitude and his work rate, definately one of my favourites and was one of the first in My fantasy team!

Hope he makes a full and fast recovery!

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Video from the following moto here: http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=33n926f&s=3

There was a fair bump (ridge/trench rather than pothole) across the road - you can see some of the other riders also getting bounced by it.
It looks like Jens had his left hand resting on top of the lever rather than gripping it. His hand got bounced off by the bump and missed the bars coming back down. It looks like his (hidden) right hand stayed on the bars, and so his weight came onto the RH bar as his left hand was flapping in the air and the front wheel was on the slippery white line.

Top Bottom