Jumping Blondes Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry A

Calibrating.....
If I went around watching young blonde girls jumping up and down the wife would beat me senseless.

Cubist

Still wavin'
As the father of a blonde who at 6.30am was devastated that she fell short of her offer by a grade I can relate to this. When she logged onto UCAS tracking and couldn't find an update from her first choice, but a rejection from her second choice, things got a little darker. The actual jumping started about an hour later when she had rung the admissions tutor to be told she had been accepted despite the missing points. So, a now very happy blonde Cubette is on her way to Hull to do a BEd in Special and Inclusive Education.
The blond in the household got more than enough points to do his chosen course, and when he logged onto UCAS tracking to confirm, discovered that some time ago his offer had been made unconditional in any case. He was very restrained, and didn't start any personal jumping until his sister was able to celebrate. Cubester's off to Harper Adams to do a BSc in Rural Enterprise and Land Management.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
After a long chat with my friend, her daughter also missed her first choice by one grade (couple of marks), and according to UCAS had been offered her second choice .... then she phoned the uni and discovered they had been trying to ring her to offer her 1st place choice!!! Apparently she was in floods of tears (of excitement) to the lady on the other end of the phone!!! She's already out celebrating with all her friends!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
image.jpeg
Bingo, some are brunette but all female, pretty and white.

No blondes and no jumping in our house but all is as it should be, no2 son happy with As results and no1 son off down to that there London.

snorri

Legendary Member
Reminds me of an occasion when I was asked to appear at a location featuring in a local cycle campaigning issue to meet a photographer. Thinking that anything that would help the cycling cause was probably a "good thing", I duly appeared on site and met the photographer who asked me to lean on my bike with a particular expression on my face, I can't remember now which expression he wanted.. I immediately pointed out that I wasn't interested in play acting and he could take a picture of the problem area and be gone.:biggrin:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I don't remember much about getting my A-level results, but I'm sure that we had to go into the Head of Sixth Form's office, where we were handed our results envelope.
I left that room in a daze, being met by a smorgasboard of students crying, glum, cheering and chatting. Left rather quickly without really talking to anyone.

Top Bottom