Jumping Blondes Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nearly. EEE, I'm sure he'll pick the rest up in London.
An excellent choice, tis what I did and look how I turned out.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I am a proud uncle. My nephew was predicted to get 2 As, a B and a C... and he needed two As and a B.

He actually ended up with two A*s (Physics and Chemistry), A (Maths) and B (History).He's off to study Stupidly Difficult Maths and Astrophysics at Birmingham Uni... and his girlfriend has also got into Birmingham Uni.

Uncle?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Nearly. EEE, I'm sure he'll pick the rest up in London.
i got EEE for my A-levels ...

As the father of a blonde who at 6.30am was devastated that she fell short of her offer by a grade I can relate to this. When she logged onto UCAS tracking and couldn't find an update from her first choice, but a rejection from her second choice, things got a little darker. The actual jumping started about an hour later when she had rung the admissions tutor to be told she had been accepted despite the missing points. So, a now very happy blonde Cubette is on her way to Hull to do a BEd in Special and Inclusive Education.
The blond in the household got more than enough points to do his chosen course, and when he logged onto UCAS tracking to confirm, discovered that some time ago his offer had been made unconditional in any case. He was very restrained, and didn't start any personal jumping until his sister was able to celebrate. Cubester's off to Harper Adams to do a BSc in Rural Enterprise and Land Management.

She's on a "Highway to Hull" then

Cubist

Still wavin'
Wide awake. Despite a long day yesterday and being woken by a very pissed Cubette at 0245. Giggly and smelling of vomit, she told us all about her night out and after a shower had to be persuaded to go to bed rather than sleep on the rug in our bedroom. Mrs Cube was a bit cross, but I pointed out that she was just practising for freshers week.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Reminds me of an occasion when I was asked to appear at a location featuring in a local cycle campaigning issue to meet a photographer. Thinking that anything that would help the cycling cause was probably a "good thing", I duly appeared on site and met the photographer who asked me to lean on my bike with a particular expression on my face, I can't remember now which expression he wanted.. I immediately pointed out that I wasn't interested in play acting and he could take a picture of the problem area and be gone.:biggrin:

http://apiln.blogspot.co.uk

Top Bottom