just me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Put your bike in the car and go further afield. I would find it hard to run out of ideas for routes, just mix them up.

Firestorm

Veteran
The local club route is basically the route I do all the time - I think I'm just bored with it. No matter what route I create it basically has 30 or so miles that are always the same - just a matter of whether I turn left or right out of my street!
I know what you mean, I am East of Southend and the routes only really open up after 10 miles from home (if you take the straight forward main roads, or 15 if you take the less busy routes.
Sure, you can throw in a few different loops for variety , but all roads lead to Battlesbridge and over a a while it can get a bit much , the same cyclists overtaking you every Sunday morning..

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I prefer on my own. I never quite know how the legs are going to feel from day to day and I don't enjoy trying to match pace with anyone else. I can go as far as I want or just turn for home if I get tired or fed up, but if I was with someone who wanted to carry on it would spoil the ride for both.

I'm a loner by nature anyway and love the solitude of meandering along country roads just with my own thoughts.

Dave7

Legendary Member
MUCH younger than @User14044 (only 69 :smile: ) but like him I enjoy riding on my own. I have a mate that I regularly cycle with but single file. Circumstances mean we cycle together but when I can I go out alone.......I can go at my own pace and stop whenever/whereever I want.

Put your bike in the car and go further afield. I would find it hard to run out of ideas for routes, just mix them up.
Some people don't have cars through choice or not (the not might also include going on trains), and having done 22,000 miles on local roads no matter how you mix them up they do get a bit tedious.

OP
OP
Lee_M

Lee_M

Guru
I know what you mean, I am East of Southend and the routes only really open up after 10 miles from home (if you take the straight forward main roads, or 15 if you take the less busy routes.
Sure, you can throw in a few different loops for variety , but all roads lead to Battlesbridge and over a a while it can get a bit much , the same cyclists overtaking you every Sunday morning..

thats it exactly. I'm in Leigh and I can head to shoeburyness then out to Gt Wakerig and canewdon and loop round towards rayleigh and battlesbridge and back via hadleigh, or I can head to hadleigh and do it in reverse!

when Im in North Wales I can basically turn left and have the welsh hills or turn right and have the cheshire plains

Top Bottom