Knocked off my bike by another cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You presume the lack of a smartphone.
I presume the lack of smart operator for any smartphone

Tin Pot

Guru
I've just made it home after being knocked off my bike. It happened this morning just as we were about to set off on our Wednesday run. Another of the group wobbled then fell to his right. I was passing him at the time, i didn't have time to react(i was clipped in)so i went down on my right hip. I thought i'd broken it but i think i've just pulled a muscle in my groin. It's very painful, i can't put weight on it. Someone offered to phone for an ambulance but i didn't fancy all the fuss so i struggled home with the help of one of the group.
I thought i'd get it checked out at the local health centre, but when i got there we were told that no doctors or nurses were available today. I can move it, there's no swelling yet and i've taken a Co-Codomol dose which has helped. If i went to the hospital they'd probably advise resting it, but i have to think of my work(ladder climbing involved) Any suggestions please?

Cyclist v cyclist eh?

I'm not sure who to blame and who to defend, so here is my handy scoring system:

+1 Riding Cinelli
-1 Riding Brompton
-2 Steering an MTB

+1 Wearing Lycra
-1 Wearing Hiviz
-2 Baggy shorts

+1 Minimal lighting, only after sunset
-1 Helmet light
-2 "Lit up like a Christmas tree"

+1 Obeys Highway Code
-2 Jumps lights
-5 Rides hands free whilst jumping lights

I console/rage against Accy accordingly :smile:

Hope you recover well and soon.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
OK, so the medical care decision has been done to death (or hopefully not!) so get well soon and now another suggestion: don't pass so close next time and especially not the wobbler.

midlife

Guru
As above comments Accy, get it checked out properly.

I'm not 100% with User tho. My Mother in Law walked round in tremendous pain on a fractured pelvis for several days after a fall and A&E telling her it was only bruised. Up to you but if the pain is bad you may well need an x-ray to rule out bone damage.

Sod the jersey poll too, you need one on what colour underpants the nurses will like best ;)

Underpants? Go commando:smile:

Shaun

Call Batman. Batman can sort all sorts of problems, and it won't put unnecessary strain on the NHS. Just make sure you call the Batman, not any old batman, as unless you have a pest problem, he may not be receptive to your request. Failing that, The A team are quite good, or possibly Ghostbusters could sort your problem out.

One of the better design features of the human body is the "fight or flight" syndrome

When something happens, the body triggers a series of painkillers and hormones that enable you to run away, or fill the other guy in

So far .... so good

Trouble is that the pain killers mask injury, mainly because that is what they are designed to do. The actual pain you feel after an accident is probably about 10% of reality

For that reason, always, always UNDERestimate your injuries and seek treatment

PK99

Legendary Member
Trouble is that the pain killers mask injury, mainly because that is what they are designed to do. The actual pain you feel after an accident is probably about 10% of reality

Hence my wife skiing down the mountain back to the hotel with fractured pelvis, shoulder and thumb.

Top Bottom