Knocked off my bike by another cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
A&E is always full of blokes that have injured themselves, thought "it'll be reet" then given in and gone to A&E when the affected body part has swollen up to the size of a barrage balloon.
Go get checked out.
(Disclaimer: not a doctor)

MarkF

Guru
Go to A&E, there is nothing to worry about, you'll be in the top 10 of poorly people.

Come to our A&E and I'll take you to X-ray, the long bumpy way, and you'll regret all those things you said about the Bantams. :okay:

gavgav

Guru
I've just made it home after being knocked off my bike. It happened this morning just as we were about to set off on our Wednesday run. Another of the group wobbled then fell to his right. I was passing him at the time, i didn't have time to react(i was clipped in)so i went down on my right hip. I thought i'd broken it but i think i've just pulled a muscle in my groin. It's very painful, i can't put weight on it. Someone offered to phone for an ambulance but i didn't fancy all the fuss so i struggled home with the help of one of the group.
I thought i'd get it checked out at the local health centre, but when i got there we were told that no doctors or nurses were available today. I can move it, there's no swelling yet and i've taken a Co-Codomol dose which has helped. If i went to the hospital they'd probably advise resting it, but i have to think of my work(ladder climbing involved) Any suggestions please?
Is there a Minor Injuries Unit anywhere nearby?

gavgav

Guru
Because his injury is clearly not life threatening or an emergency at this time. A&E is there for those needing emergency, and potentially life saving, treatment.

choose%20well.jpg
This!!!

I've just made it home after being knocked off my bike. It happened this morning just as we were about to set off on our Wednesday run. Another of the group wobbled then fell to his right. I was passing him at the time, i didn't have time to react(i was clipped in)so i went down on my right hip. I thought i'd broken it but i think i've just pulled a muscle in my groin. It's very painful, i can't put weight on it. Someone offered to phone for an ambulance but i didn't fancy all the fuss so i struggled home with the help of one of the group.
I thought i'd get it checked out at the local health centre, but when i got there we were told that no doctors or nurses were available today. I can move it, there's no swelling yet and i've taken a Co-Codomol dose which has helped. If i went to the hospital they'd probably advise resting it, but i have to think of my work(ladder climbing involved) Any suggestions please?

You should have stayed laid out in the road and screamed my leg! my leg! you'd have got an ambulance ride to A&E

vickster

Legendary Member
You should have stayed laid out in the road and screamed my leg! my leg! you'd have got an ambulance ride to A&E
Nothing like over stretching an already overstretched ambulance service :okay: he rightly didn't feel it was needed

Looks like he's still waiting to be seen

Nothing like over stretching an already overstretched ambulance service :okay: he rightly didn't feel it was needed

Looks like he's still waiting to be seen

Having once been shot with a .22 in the calf, and taking myself to A&E to be told as I walked in it was not an emergency, take a seat there's a 4-5hr wait... while the blood congealed in my boot, [and it fekking hurt], the above is now my standard advice.
If it's a case of collision with a car or what ever, ambulance call will get police attending,rather than, no damage so no action attitudes they are keen to take.

next standard advice is collar the little scrote with the air rifle before going to A&E, and inflict severe damage on it.

I take your point re ambulance service, needs must were the devil drives.

vickster

Legendary Member
If it's a case of collision with a car or what ever, ambulance call will get police attending,rather than, no damage so no action attitudes they are keen to take.

next standard advice is collar the little scrote with the air rifle before going to A&E, and inflict severe damage on it.

I take your point re ambulance service, needs must were the devil drives.
There was no car involved though, did you read the OP? Nor a gun??

snorri

Legendary Member
A&E is always full of blokes that have injured themselves, thought "it'll be reet" then given in and gone to A&E when the affected body part has swollen up to the size of a barrage balloon.
Go get checked out.
(Disclaimer: not a doctor)
Barrage balloon:rolleyes:.haven't heard of them for a while....not a doctor, so I'm guessing WW 2 nurse?

Last edited:
Top Bottom