Laptop or Notebook?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carwash

Señor Member
Mr Pig said:
...My son's iMac screen simply wasn't a great screen. As soon as we took it out of the box I noticed that it wasn't as sharp as the Ilyama screen we had at the time, fine type was pixilated rather than being sharp, straight lines. I assumed it was maybe just a setting or something but it wasn't, it was simply not a very good screen.

Actually it probably was; OS X uses a different algorithm for smoothing fonts compared to Windows. Users familiar with Windows often find text - especially at smaller sizes - to be less sharp on OS X. Conversely, Mac users can complain of text on Windows looking stark and blocky. Depends what you're used to. You can very easily adjust the settings in System Preferences.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Mr Pig said:
I didn't realise he was going to do photographic work on it, missed that.
He's not. I'm saying that if you want to know about monitor quality, ask photographers. In the 'prices that mere mortals can afford' range, Dell and Mac consistently get the best ratings.

fine type was pixilated rather than being sharp, straight lines. I assumed it was maybe just a setting or something but it wasn't
It is indeed a setting.

That is you wanted to simply look at the thing rather than measuring it with your willy! ;0)
You may find a screen calibration tool more effective than your genitals ...

OP
OP
redcogs

redcogs

Guru
Would it be too smutty to enquire how many pixals would be required per member, assuming that realistic representation was required?

The empire state building seems to be easily coped with on our current pc which has 1gig + 1.8 ghz clock.

Or am i barking up the wrong cucumber?

Dan B

Disengaged member
redcogs said:
Would it be too smutty to enquire how many pixals would be required per member
Shaved, or au naturel? Rendering the surrounding hair properly is going to require more resolution, unless it really is the kind of thick brown mat that can be represented by a fuzzy splodge

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
coruskate said:
Shaved, or au naturel? Rendering the surrounding hair properly is going to require more resolution, unless it really is the kind of thick brown mat that can be represented by a fuzzy splodge

Bedazzled would be the best to advise on that... :biggrin:

Top Bottom