Leeds to Scarborough Saturday September 24: The Yorkshire Adventure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Beer will definitely be available post ride. Exactly where in Scarborough yet to be decided.

There may also be jaaaaaaaz available for the more hep cats amongst us

Phew! That's a relief. Though I may require you to flag me down when I wander through the pub without seeing you (again :blush:)

IIs there BEER at the end?
Ummmm .... it will take a fair bit of persuasion, probably involving mediaeval instruments of torture, to make me forego a pint in the Stumble Inn - just up the road from the station. But that's down to fond memories, very fond memories, on my tastebuds of last week's Hello Velo.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I will be offering a small prize of my choosing for the best Cleo Laine impersonation by a CCer
Claud is a shoo-in with the hair thing...
Never been seen in the same room etc etc:smooch:
Cleo%20Laine%20at%20Music%20In%20The%20Garden%20220613a.jpg

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 4272196, member: 9609"]Do you have a route sorted out ?
what time does it start ? i was thinking parking in Scarborough and getting the train into leeds, could that be doable.[/QUOTE]

The route is in development. I should have a decent draft sorted in the next couple of days. The way it will work is there will be a flat as possible 80 mile Leeds-Scarborough route. There will also be an optional diversion route taking in a little bit of the North Yorkshire Moors which will obviously be a bit longer and hillier. I suspect most will choose the flat option

At the moment I'm planning on a 9am start out of Leeds station. There are trains from Scarborough to get you there in time for the start so cycling back there and driving home after fish and chips would work well. I'll pop you on the "Expressions of Interest" list on post#1

I should add that the route we will take will quite closely match the Leeds - Scarborough train route. This way if anyone is feeling they can't manage the full distance on the day they can hop on a train and be transported to Scarborough. Their only problem will be that I will make up some rule or other that if they do this they have to buy the first round in the pub

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looks interesting, given I've lost May and some of June due to injury.

Put me down as a 'possible' but I might be riding back from Scarborough rather than training it.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Looks interesting, given I've lost May and some of June due to injury.

Put me down as a 'possible' but I might be riding back from Scarborough rather than training it.

Will do and hope you recover soon. My plan (weather permitting) is to stop over and then have a ride around the North Yorkshire Moors on Sunday as I've never cycled there. Cycling back to Glossop is too tough to be enjoyable

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Will do and hope you recover soon. My plan (weather permitting) is to stop over and then have a ride around the North Yorkshire Moors on Sunday as I've never cycled there. Cycling back to Glossop is too tough to be enjoyable
If I make this one I shall add a day or two on, before and after, to make an adventure of it @theclaud .

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If I make this one I shall add a day or two on, before and after, to make an adventure of it @theclaud .

You're Brighton's answer to Anabella Lwin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Gh-GH8Miw

mike3121

[QUOTE 4272196, member: 9609"]Do you have a route sorted out ?
what time does it start ? i was thinking parking in Scarborough and getting the train into leeds, could that be doable.[/QUOTE]

I will be getting the train from Scarborough to Leeds so might see you on the there

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
[QUOTE 4273887, member: 9609"]I might get off at York, If I set off from York at the same time everyone else sets off from Leeds then we would probably get to Scarborough at the same time. It would take me 10hrs for 80 mile, I would imagine that is a fair bit slower than most will be hoping for ?[/QUOTE]

If your speed on the flat is 8mph then you probably do need this strategy. However that would be a lot slower that the slowest person I've seen on CC rides. Are we talking about moving average or including stops?

10 hours all in Leeds to Scarborough would be ok...arrive 7pm.

Flat ride speeds are very different from hilly ride speeds. This is flat

Top Bottom