Legit website? Cyclistszone.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
They have removed their false company history page http://cyclistszone.com/index.php?id_cms=4&controller=cms but depressingly they are still operating.

I phoned www.actionfraud.police.uk and was told that as I hadn't fallen for the fraud no crime was committed! Where do they get their staff from and don't they get any training?

GC

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
order the cheapest thing on there and then report the crime?
Why would you do that? You'd have to transfer the money to them, and I doubt you'd get it back, even if they were charged and convicted. And even if you did it, there is no guarantee that the police will investigate. Most importantly, they only seem to sell whole bikes, so even at their ridiculous "prices" it's expensive.

I phoned www.actionfraud.police.uk and was told that as I hadn't fallen for the fraud no crime was committed!

Wow. Did you ask them why their website asks you to report attempted fraud, if they won't follow up on it?

(mind you, I got the same attitude here when I took my bike into an Evans for a simple fix and they tried to tell me it needed a full service, which it didn't. I was told by a poster here that as I hadn't actually paid them the £60 they were asking, i had not right to complain, even on this site)

Yazzoo

LOL, my point was its done now. You've reported them, you've had a response from the police - unless you're willing to escalate this further then you need to move on!

I doubt anybody has really bought/attempted to buy from this site, it hardly looked legit! I'd be surprised if even the most gullible/trusting people out there didn't raise an eyebrow at the payment details!

Tin Pot

Guru
Cheers for the thread.

Also checked companies house. Cyclists Zone Ltd is not a registered company, as claimed.

phantomvirus

Seems that they removed the PayPal option, added a Visa/MC and no wire transfer.

I also created a fake account to see how far it would go.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
This looks promising...

cyclistszone.jpg

GC

Top Bottom