let the right one in....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Me and Mrs GTGF had the rare opportunity (babysitter available) to go to the cinema on Saturday night.

We went to see a Sweedish film called 'let the right one in'

I wont spoil it by telling you what its about but i will say its one of the most expertly crafted pieces of cinema i have seen in a long while.
Beutifully shot, fantastic characters, heart wrenching and blood curdling in equal measure.

Just a fantsatic bloody movie......get out and see it!!

Mr Pig

Is it a horror? If it is my wife won't go to see it.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ive read about this, looks a good film. Think i will see next wednesday, orange wednesday! Only bit i couldnt get clear was was this one currently out the american version one?

got-to-get-fit said:
Me and Mrs GTGF had the rare opportunity (babysitter available) to go to the cinema on Saturday night.

We went to see a Sweedish film called 'let the right one in'

I wont spoil it by telling you what its about but i will say its one of the most expertly crafted pieces of cinema i have seen in a long while.
Beutifully shot, fantastic characters, heart wrenching and blood curdling in equal measure.

Just a fantsatic bloody movie......get out and see it!!

Is it a remake of The Sound of Music? :biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Maz said:
Tell me about it.
Last film I saw was High School Musical 3. Next up? Something called 17 Again. ;)

Ha ha.... not quite at that teen movie phase yet and my son hates HSM 1,2 & 3 as all the 'girls' are into it at school.

But Madagascar 2 was great and going to see Monsters V's Aliens one day this week!

papercorn2000

I suppose that that's the upshot - some kid's films are great.

On the other hand, a few years back, I had to take a load of early teenage girls to see The Princess Diaries 2 - two hours of my life that I shall never get back...

red_tom

I saw this the other week. Has some excellent parts (The not invited in part is just superb!) but there are a few minor plot holes that annoyed me a little.

Quick question to those that have seen it (hopefully without giving anything away...) . Do you think the boy is the replacement for the guy with the burnt face?

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

Yes it is the subtitled version
I think the American guff has just gone into pre-production for the re-make

It is a Horror yes but a very clever, non gore-tastic but does have gore, very scary, very lovely, very warm and very cold film

I think Oskar is the replacement for the old guy....apparently in the book the old guy was a paedophile and Eli, the young girl was actually a young boy but one that had been castrated at the age of 12. Hence the suggestion in the film where you see the Eli changing clothes.

I think im going to get the book if you can buy it in english print as they left quite a lot out of the film.

I just cannot stop thinking about this film.......best thing ive seen in years.

The wife did not really want to see it because of the subtitles either but there arent many to be honest, its very simplistic in language terms. After seeing it though she also thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

Top Bottom