let the right one in....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
got-to-get-fit said:
I just cannot stop thinking about this film.......best thing ive seen in years.

I love it when a movie affects you so much you cant sleep afterwards or just keep going over and over it in your head.

got-to-get-fit said:
The wife did not really want to see it because of the subtitles either but there arent many to be honest, its very simplistic in language terms. After seeing it though she also thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

I have the same problem, it infuriates me, she wont watch anything with subtitles, some of my favourite films "le pacte des loups" (brotherhood of the wolf), "city of god" and "La Haine" have subtitles but she wont watch them unless we chose the dubbed version! :blush::biggrin:!:wacko: I do love her really.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Wigsie said:
I love it when a movie affects you so much you cant sleep afterwards or just keep going over and over it in your head.

I have the same problem, it infuriates me, she wont watch anything with subtitles, some of my favourite films "le pacte des loups" (brotherhood of the wolf), "city of god" and "La Haine" have subtitles but she wont watch them unless we chose the dubbed version! :blush::biggrin:!:wacko: I do love her really.
Don't think my Wife'd even watch a dubbed version!! :biggrin:

Don't think I've seen Brotherhood of the Wolf (although it sounds very familiar), City of God is great and I agree with La Haine also - it was superb.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Don't think my Wife'd even watch a dubbed version!! :blush:

Don't think I've seen Brotherhood of the Wolf (although it sounds very familiar), City of God is great and I agree with La Haine also - it was superb.

Brotherhood of the wolf is great! Its a bit like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon in that the original actors do their own dubbing so it doesnt look/sound too stupid but it still irritates me... She hasnt watched Slumdog yet as "It looks like it may have lots of subtitles" ha ha

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Aah, just watched the trailer - I have seen it but can't remember the entire plot/ending. I love those trailers in which there's no speaking... a pretty sure sign that it's subtitled but they may get a few more viewers if people don't check. :blush::biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Aah, just watched the trailer - I have seen it but can't remember the entire plot/ending. I love those trailers in which there's no speaking... a pretty sure sign that it's subtitled but they may get a few more viewers if people don't check. :blush::biggrin:

Its great if you have same issues as us though! Same with City of God.... showed the missus the trailer and she said it looked ok.. she wasnt impressed when we were watching it though, I just kept saying "keep watching honey, they may start to talk english soon" ha ha

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Wigsie said:
Its great if you have same issues as us though! Same with City of God.... showed the missus the trailer and she said it looked ok.. she wasnt impressed when we were watching it though, I just kept saying "keep watching honey, they may start to talk english soon" ha ha
:blush::biggrin: If she believed that, she'd believe anything! Time for a new bike....

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Sh4rkyBloke said:
:wacko::biggrin: If she believed that, she'd believe anything! Time for a new bike....

At least 4-5 more months yet, the Allez Elite is only a few months old! Tricking her into watching a foreign film is one thing... Tricking her into getting a Tarmac Comp/Pro is another! Pretty similar colour scheme so may try the old switcheroo next time I take it in for a 'service'. :blush::laugh:

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

My wife is pretty educated and can sometimes be a culture vulture but she reckons when you go to watch a movie on a saturday night on the very rare occassion that we can get a baby sitter it should be to watch something that does not take any effort to watch....you should be able to completely relax and not have to think about watching subtitles.

To an extent i think she is right in that its nice to switch off and let the movie do the work without you having to put any effort in ...but.....after 5 mins of watching i dont even notice that im reading subtitles and its like an auto reflex reading them.

Along with City of God ....another good subtitled movie is ' man bites dog' .....i used to like 'Jamon, Jamon' as well.

Top Bottom