England : East Sussex Lewes to Bexhill ride Sunday 23rd Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Jenny, I can't make the reccie sadly, this Sunday. I'd be available if you want to do it midweek though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Thanks Rich, can I let you know? Depends on other people, and the weather on Sunday too.
Yup, no probs.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hmm....no way I can make this ride via rail, due to the insistence of train operating companies that no-one wants to travel early on a Sunday morning (earliest train into Lewes for me 10.24). 55 mile ride in the morning? I'll think about it...

U

User10571

This attracts.
In droves. :smile:
I'll need to investigate the rail connexions.
Fingies crossed.

boybiker

Guru
I should be coming to this one but only if the weather is good as I dont have any wet weather gear... :whistle:.

I have sent you a PM for the details ^_^

U

User10571

If the train doesn't work out, you're welcome to join the ride down obviously
Thanks. Big time.
But there'se so much other stuff going on at the moment....
It is a struggle to squeeze it all in...

J

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I won't know if I can come out to play until tomorrow.
It's all going Pete Tong. Got to house sit the Aged P in Wales that week in September so not only have I missed the recce I can't do the real thing.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
1969951 said:
My Big Sis used to do terrible things to me too when I was little.
In my case the do-or of terrible things unto me was my middle sister. Who is bonkers and has a certificate to prove it. Not in the least surprised she now lives in Whitehawk.

As a result I find it difficult to completely relax in London-on-sea. I spend all my time looking over my shoulder in case she creeps up on me and carries on where she left off in the 70's.

StuartG

slower but further
Sorry to be late to the party but I'm very interested if TMN can sort the weather. A good option for Sarf Londoners might be to get the cheap (£5) 7.52 Southern train from East Croydon arriving 8.35 in Burgess Hill and cycle across to Lewes from there. About how long would that take?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to be late to the party but I'm very interested if TMN can sort the weather. A good option for Sarf Londoners might be to get the cheap (£5) 7.52 Southern train from East Croydon arriving 8.35 in Burgess Hill and cycle across to Lewes from there. About how long would that take?

aha.. Cheers Stuart... that's a good option for me.

StuartG

slower but further
So OK for a 9.30/10am start? Makes it an 80/85 mile return day ride which (with AFAIR some extra very pretty countryside) would be nice long run ...

Top Bottom