London and Home Counties Cycle Chat Rides 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
So after a winter of cancelled rides and bad weather, it's time to start planning for an action packed year of CC get togethers.

If you're new to the forum and want to meet some kind, generous, knowledgeable, funny and above all friendly forumers, this will be the place to be.

It's also a great way to see parts of the country and countryside you wouldn't normally see.

Previous rides have taken us around different parts and parks of London, Essex, Windsor even as far as Sheffield.

Never been on a group ride before? Now is the time to start!

These aren't competitions, races or training rides (unless your training for the Oktoberfest ).
They are always taken at a pace to suit everybody, whether you ride 100+ miles before breakfast or struggle on your short commute to work, you will always enjoy yourself.

There are plenty of tea, cake, beer and toilet stops. Occasionally we'll even get some cycling in :evil:

I'll update this first post with dates and links to threads as ride planners come forward.

We have a couple of rides from the end of last year to rearrange, so hopefully those ride organisers will be able to set new dates soon.

"Sig Nature" ride - Click here for original thread.

Ride around the Hertford area to celebrate the (belated) birthday of cake baker extraordinaire Sig SilverPrinter. This ride was threatened with the presence of a couple of our northern members, Mike e and Marinyork. If we're lucky they'll bring a dictionary with them this time, so we can all understand them :laugh:

***Re-scheduled and re-named***
Ride leader - SteveVW

CC Anniversary Ride, Richmond Park to Box Hill - Click here

To mark the first anniversary of the official Southerner Sorties. Called off due to bad weather and extra time in the rugby club the night before :evil:.
A year before marked the first time many of us hadn't ridden anything more than 10 miles and set us on our way to greater achievements in the year to come.

*** Re-scheduled***
Ride leader - User1314

Ride dates for 2010

February

March
Saturday 13th
CC Anniversary Ride, Richmond Park to Box Hill - Click here
Location - Richmond Park - BoxHill
Ride Leader - User1314

April
Monday 5th (Bank holiday weekend)
April Fools "Sig Nature" ride - Click here
Location - Hertford
Ride Leader - SteveVW

May
Saturday 8th
May in Manningtree
Location - Manningtree
Ride Leader - Auntie Helen

June
Early June
Ride Leader - TheDoctor

July

August
Sunday 1st
West London out to Sth Bucks - click here
Location - Ickenham
Ride Leader - davidg

September

October

November

December

Sig SilverPrinter

Hurry up and organize something someone haven't seen you all for ages and I'm missing you all:cry:and I haven't made cake for ages.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
oh yes, good post RJ!

That jogs my memory-I'll reschedule the Hillingdon circuit ride when I am back on my feet and riding again.

Cake and company!!!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
No COG - work stress for months and months has done my health in so haven't been on the bike for 2 and half months (bar Ian's Bromley Massiv ride) so am really unfit, currently got a cold so just need to ease in and well sort out the work stuff too as that is a massive contributor. No off thankfully!

ChrisKH

Guru
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Hurry up and organize something someone haven't seen you all for ages and I'm missing you all:cry:and I haven't made cake for ages.

A very, very belated Happy Birthday Sig. :sad:

Hope to see you all soon. Am very unfit now.

I like that avatar Chris.

No mention of Raffles on any of the rides: The Bank Holiday one 'organised' by topcat for example, that took in the Jolly farmer, or the Park & Ride, superbly navigated by mikee.
And by raffles, I don't mean the FNRttC 'Raffles' AKA dellzeqq, I mean the parcelled rubbish with souvenirs, coupled with mistral's memento (still on my mantlepiece :tongue:)
I think we should all go easy on the cake as we might fast get a reputation as a bunch of ne'er do wells, smoking, drinking and lounging in the sun wearing gaudy clothing in overstretched mode.
Anyone for a pint? :tongue:

But redjedi (the OP) is correct. Anything ridden will encompass all abilities in the nicest, friendliest possible way. So join in the threads, accept that only few of us are cycling gods :smile:, and have some fun in 2010.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
We've got our first date in the diary :sad:

4th April - Bank holiday weekend
April Fools "Sig Nature" ride - Click here

SteveVW has put forward the 4th of April for his Herts ride, unless there's mass objection.

It's a bank holiday on the monday, so plenty of time to recover from the hang-over.

But it's a long time for Sig to wait to bake a cake celebrate her birthday, so we need volunteers for rides earlier in the year.

How about it Crock? Do you want to lead the ride up Box Hill before this one? How about a March weekend?

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Aperitif said:
I like that avatar Chris.

No mention of Raffles on any of the rides: The Bank Holiday one 'organised' by topcat for example, that took in the Jolly farmer, or the Park & Ride, superbly navigated by mikee.
And by raffles, I don't mean the FNRttC 'Raffles' AKA dellzeqq, I mean the parcelled rubbish with souvenirs, coupled with mistral's memento (still on my mantlepiece :thumbsup:)
I think we should all go easy on the cake as we might fast get a reputation as a bunch of ne'er do wells, smoking, drinking and lounging in the sun wearing gaudy clothing in overstretched mode.
Anyone for a pint? :tongue:

But redjedi (the OP) is correct. Anything ridden will encompass all abilities in the nicest, friendliest possible way. So join in the threads, accept that only few of us are cycling gods :sad:, and have some fun in 2010.

I was trying to add more details of the other rides but was having internet connection issues and I was more worried about losing everything I had written up until then..:tongue:

A Spring ride to Windsor Park would be nice

0114_valleyGarden.jpg

Can I put you down in the diary for one Martin?

stevevw

Guru
6th of March is the Morden Hilly 50 that takes in Box Hill at the end. Crock could lead a ride down to meet up with those stupid enough to have entered :sad:.

Top Bottom