London and Home Counties Cycle Chat Rides 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've done a bit of planning for part of a "round the M25" route. It would be 120 miles or so, which would make it a bit of an epic ride. Still, on the plus side, there'd be plenty of pub and cake stops!

I'll see about planning something else, to take in a few historic sites/sights around Herts & Beds.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If anyone fancies a run in Hampshire/West Sussex/IOW I'd be happy to come up with a few ideas and lead...?

mike e

July:-

Ride London to Dover
Ferry to France or Belgium
Ride to the TDF (cobbly stuff)
Watch TDF

Reverse of the above

Lots of miles, lots of beers, some continental action i.e riding on the wrong side of the road.

Not lots of - sleep:tired:, public transport (except ferry of course), money £££ (should be able to do this quite cheap)

mike e said:

Ride London to Dover
Watch TDF

Reverse of the above

Lots of miles, lots of beers, some continental action i.e riding on the wrong side of the road.

Not lots of - sleep:tired:, public transport (except ferry of course), money £££ (should be able to do this quite cheap)

OK :biggrin:

mike e said:

Ride London to Dover
Watch TDF

The TdF sections closest to Calais are on Tuesday 6th and Wednesday 7th July, although they're a long way from Calais. It would be a lot easier going to Belgium on Sunday 4th July, to catch part of the 2nd stage from Rotterdam to Brussels.

I've got a nice route to Dover, not too hilly. ;)

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
mike e said:

Ride London to Dover
Watch TDF

Reverse of the above

mmm...posted at 10.30am. Bit early to start drinking isn't it Mike? ;)

Hainaut (where the cobbles are) is about 100 miles inland. Catching a bit of the first leg sounds like a saner idea.

But it has the makings of a good ride.

*** First post up-dated with suggested rides so far. The calendar's filling up nicely ***

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
StuAff said:
If anyone fancies a run in Hampshire/West Sussex/IOW I'd be happy to come up with a few ideas and lead...?

If you plan it, they will come! ;)

redjedi said:
mmm...posted at 10.30am. Bit early to start drinking isn't it Mike? :biggrin:

Hainaut (where the cobbles are) is about 100 miles inland. Catching a bit of the first leg sounds like a saner idea.

But it has the makings of a good ride.

*** First post up-dated with suggested rides so far. The calendar's filling up nicely ***

I thought Hainaut was in Essex...
Load of cobblers in that case. :biggrin:
I'm not being very helpful, I know.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Best start from a train station Stu. One that's on a direct link from London. Make it as easy as poss for people to get down to your neck of the woods.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
ianrauk said:
Best start from a train station Stu. One that's on a direct link from London. Make it as easy as poss for people to get down to your neck of the woods.

Petersfield is (the route runs right past the station)....easy for me, easy from Waterloo (same line, so should people want to start from Pompey that too can be easily done). I didn't join the loop, now corrected that.

Top Bottom