London and Home Counties Cycle Chat Rides 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Aperitif said:
OK, you made your point....... :smile:

User1314 said:
I went to see him today, he lives in Penn. He said he will open up for us this time, if we will lunch there. The Cafe is by the station. He has also applied for a drinks licence. One of his mates is a Kiwi who owns a micro-brewery in Kent and so wants to sell some of his bottles there. :laugh: AND...he was tempted to do more cycling himself.

I'm persuading him to buy a fixed :blush: He knows little about cycling (he cycles from Penn to Cookham on a 10 year old MTB at the moment with knobbly wheels) and so will be easily led.

That's nice! We'll eat ellevenses there and drag him out on a modified route that coincides with the Jolly Farmer's hand-reared burgers and potatoes - show him what proper cyclist grub is, and then return to Penn for a free tasting of micro beers in mega portions! His place is right by the railway isn't it? Should be room for a few sleepers.
Or. Cycle to Kent and inspect the brewery 'first hand'.
Plenty to keep the planners occupied in amongst that, Crock.

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Hi Crock, did you manage to get a recce done? With the horrible weather we've been having I wouldn't be surprised if you changed you're mind.

I'm sure we can wing it if you don't get a chance before the 13th. Will you be starting a new thread for the ride?

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
First post updated with a link to the new thread for Crock's ride to Box Hill

HERE

Not many on board yet, so get your climbing legs on and sign up ;)

Long range forecast is for....never mind, it'll be lovely ;)

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Steve's ride has been moved to the Easter Monday due to fear of castration :tongue:
(someone forgot about their wedding anniversary) :tongue:

April
Monday 5th (Bank holiday weekend)
April Fools "Sig Nature" ride - Click here for original thread.
Location - Hertford
Ride Leader - SteveVW

We'll have to take our chance with the bank holiday rush in the pubs. A good breakfast and and late late lunch could be the way to go.

stevevw

Guru
redjedi said:
We'll have to take our chance with the bank holiday rush :smile: in the pubs. A good breakfast and and late late lunch could be the way to go.
Not been to many pubs round this way then Luke :biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK, I'm planning on Sunday the 6th June.
Preliminary musings are along the line of meeting at Fairlands Lakes, Stevenage for breakfast a 10-ish start, hitting a cafe for lunch and a local village hall or some such for cakes, tea etc. Probably about 40-50 miles, and as ever, a leisurely and conversational pace. Some upward inclinations are unavoidable in this part of the world. We could also take in a ford or two, and(depending where we go for tea) feeding ducks could also be a possibility.

Top Bottom