London to Brighton night ride, March 6th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Oh, and suffice to say I've just sent an email to Olaf. Serendipitously this is not only during my next week's leave, but I'll be in the smoke anyway (Underworld gig at the Apollo).

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yes please, if there is a place. Ditchling beckons.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Sorry, can't make it; will have just come back from somewhere and that weekend will be going away to help with mountain leader stuff. Delighted to see the ride take place - really chuffed to bits, for loads of reasons.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
They would if people have their own insurance, too. I think I remember that if one CTC member takes off another them there's no legal advice because they don't want to advise against themselves but I can't find that just now. I did find in the guidance PDF on http://www.ctc.org.uk/insurance/third-party-insurance that you're not covered if you crash into a relative or employee, which I didn't know.

I don't agree with CTC or BC and am insured through another organisation. I'm surprised if all other riders have joined BC or CTC.
that is simply untrue

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
that is simply untrue
Quite. And If he'd actually read the PDF properly, he's have seen
"6. Am I insured against a claim made by another CTC member? Answer: Yes
7. I’m a CTC member and go on CTC rides with my local Member Group and/or an affiliated club. If I knocked another CTC member off, where do I stand if s/he is injured or his/her bike is damaged?
Answer: You are covered up to £10 million. "

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
And If he'd actually read the PDF properly, he's have seen
"6. Am I insured against a claim made by another CTC member? Answer: Yes
And if you'd actually read my earlier post, you'd notice I said "there's no legal advice" not that anyone is uninsured... and I also said I can't find the source of that - in other words, whoever claimed it may be confused. While searching like a daft thing, I did find plenty of other reports about limits of CTC's insurance, like not handling a claim of under £5000 and even a withdraw legal assistance clause, but not what situations that happens in.

Anyway, I've learned that FNRttC is different to other FNRs and has more rules so it's no longer interesting to me. As you were.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
And if you'd actually read my earlier post, you'd notice I said "there's no legal advice" not that anyone is uninsured... and I also said I can't find the source of that - in other words, whoever claimed it may be confused. While searching like a daft thing, I did find plenty of other reports about limits of CTC's insurance, like not handling a claim of under £5000 and even a withdraw legal assistance clause, but not what situations that happens in.

Anyway, I've learned that FNRttC is different to other FNRs and has more rules so it's no longer interesting to me. As you were.

Not handling a claim of under £5000 is bullcrap - I speak from experience.

No longer interested? - fine. There are more then enough that are.

kimble

Veteran
In principle yes, but after slowing down that particularly cold FNRttC back whenever it was, I decided that I shouldn't book trains for rides where asthmatically cold temperatures are more likely than not, lest I be tempted to go anyway.

There'll be another one later in the year, though, right? I've got a Brompton now, and it would be rude not to ride to ride to Brighton on it at least once...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

I've done a few Friday's ride...don't recall any RULES, if there are any then they must fall under the banner of good common sense and who wouldn't want to ride that way.

Perhaps we are talking about Del's safety briefing...always entertaining

StuartG

slower but further
I've done a few Friday's ride...don't recall any RULES
I can recall three. DON'T UNDERTAKE, DON'T UNDERTAKE & DON'T UNDERTAKE.
Oh and don't drive home afterwards. Good advice having tried it once.

EDIT: Sorry TMN. I would say great minds think alike - except you would hit me again :rolleyes:

Liam 68

Regular
I think I would like to be included (I am only ummming about the possible cold weather) & hoping to bring my son...
thanks for arranging...:sun:

Top Bottom