London To Brighton Veteran Car Rally Bike Chase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
More then happy to meet you on route to Croydon Mike

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Will be keeping to the Croydon start Mike.
Meeting a few peeps there, and yes it's an easier option.. extra hour in bed for a start :sad:

Obviously you'll see cars going through central london with HPC start, but there's also something rather special about leaving East Croydon then all of a sudden, once the police and marshalls cheerily wave you through, encountering the noise (and smell) of these things as they start to head off on the open road - if you're in the fast group in particular, that's when the thrill begins. Wherever you join and whichever group you're in, I'm sure you'll have a great day. It seems to be building -eight pioneers the first year, close on 20 last year. I envy you.

Paul

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry you can't make it Paul.

Just have to let people know to steer clear of the the smoke belching coal fired contraption with it's own fireman/stoker :ohmy:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Happy to do either. HPC adds about an hour to the day, but coming through central london with the cars in tow should be quite wondrous.

139NI

i will be leading the ride [both fast and slow groups] from HPC at a moderate pace - that is at a pace i can get everyone to E Croydon, at which point the groups break and fall into fast and slow groupings

Ian - I have been given a pass for the 1st. Do we need to sign up or will this do?. 50 or so mile should be do able with a little fitness training between now and then.

Also are you going to be riding via the dripping tap?, maybe meet up on route?

Mista Preston said:
Ian - I have been given a pass for the 1st. Do we need to sign up or will this do?. 50 or so mile should be do able with a little fitness training between now and then.

Like all www.lewishamcyclists.net rides, no need to book or get on a list - just turn up well prepared at the relevant time - you'll find a list of what it's wise to bring at that web site.

I have no idea what dripping tap is - over to Ian or someone else.

Paul

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
arallsopp said:
Happy to do either. HPC adds about an hour to the day, but coming through central london with the cars in tow should be quite wondrous.

Almost 2 hours, but then I'd like to get some mileage in this winter so I don't die quite as badly in the springtime when my work gets uber busy again.

Want to meet up to ride into London then? I'm not sure how close to Bigfoot you are, but that might be a good place. What time and place would suit you, I'm fairly easy.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello Will,
I will be bringing dragging a few peeps with me to Croydon.
Is J coming along this year?

139NI said:
i will be leading the ride [both fast and slow groups] from HPC at a moderate pace - that is at a pace i can get everyone to E Croydon, at which point the groups break and fall into fast and slow groupings

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Clive,
no need to sign up mate..

Looking at meeting Andy and maybe Mike on the A232.
How about meet you at Locksbottom. We can sort out at a later date.

Be good to see you and pleased you are coming along. Will be good fun..

Mista Preston said:

Also are you going to be riding via the dripping tap?, maybe meet up on route?

Top Bottom