Lots of idiots on the road today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I was in Amsterdam this week and was impressed at how trams, buses, motorcycles, mopeds, cars, trucks, bicycles and pedestrians shared space in delineated areas with equanimity and not a hostile toot, shout, gesture or helmet cam to be seen or heard. The Dutch seemed to be more relaxed about making forward progress. Perhaps the UK road and pavement users could learn something from them?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Are the Dutch more relaxed about forward progress or have they realised collectively that flowing smoothly gets everyone there quicker than speeding along but standing on your nose occasionally?

Hip Priest

Veteran
The pinch-point pass was bad. The rest was just fairly standard stuff. We're a load of imperfect human beings, and we've all got to rub along, and that involves a certain degree of tolerance.

I won't tolerate aggressive or dangerous driving (drunkenness, speeding, mobile phone use...etc) but people going slowly because they're lost, or people crossing the road without looking, I can live with.

Jimmy Doug

If you know what's good for you ...
Most of the problems I see in this video are related to too many users, not enough space. I think you're being a bit harsh calling some of the people muppets. I certainly understand getting a bit stressed in those sorts of conditions, though. I hate cycling in the UK urban areas for precisely that reason. By the way, I know it's fashionable, but I hate your front strobe light. Perhaps it attracts attention, but it gives me a headache - I'm sure others feel the same.

paul04

Über Member
Just watching the video, and thinking, this is everyday life on the bike, I just enjoy the bike ride, if someone is walking across the road(and not looking), or they are in front of me, just a polite call out "just behind you" or "watch yourself" does the trick.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just watching the video, and thinking, this is everyday life on the bike, I just enjoy the bike ride, if someone is walking across the road(and not looking), or they are in front of me, just a polite call out "just behind you" or "watch yourself" does the trick.
For the love of any deities, will you stop trying to bring common sense and reasoning into this? It's a video taken on a helmet cam. There are obviously heinous crimes being committed because otherwise the video would just be deleted and forgotten about

Top Bottom