Lurkers! Register and be heard...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Uncle Mort said:
I was reading about Tapioca in Richard Corrigan's 'A Clatter Of Forks And Spoons' this weekend. He makes an interesting argument for its comeback and compares British and Irish attitudes to it. I haven't had any for more than twenty years now, but I loved it as a kid, when it was known as 'frogspawn' at school. I'm going to see if I can find some at the shops today. :smile:

I could only eat tapioca if I was having spam fritters first though.
Yum school dinners, shlurp! :smile:

brontesorearse

FFS ! Can we have a cafe for the over 50's and let you lot post there ?

You could call it CycleChat CareHome ! Rose tinted specs optional !

Quoth was right BLAND ! BLAND ! BLAND !

SWEDES, TURNIPS, TAPIOCA !

Everyone knows that root vegtables are soooo last season, PEAS, now they are WHERE IT'S AT, get with it will you !

And dont get me started on tapioca !

brontesorearse

Yes, Finocchio is rather.... Quick run they nearly had me with their mindwashing blandness....it felt as if a numbness was spreading through my brain !!!!

Why dont they give you a Gardeners Sec..she..on.. (Slumps onto keyboard,dribbling...)

col

Legendary Member
Swede were the big ones and turnip was the little white ones, or so I was told at the veg market I used to go to.

Uncle Mort said:
Florence Fennel. A lovely and much-underrated vegetable. But how should it be classified? Importantly, is it a root vegetable? I find it grows less well in raised beds and it's tolerant - even appreciative - of heavier clays. Excessive drainage is the key here.

Now that is interesting...
I have heavier clay.
I love Fennel.
And I'm under 50.
Thanks Uncle Mort.:biggrin:

God, I love the cafe. Just as it is.

Quoth - :sad::tongue::tongue:

GentleBenn

Veteran
badkitty said:
Now that is interesting...
I have heavier clay.
I love Fennel.
And I'm under 50.
Thanks Uncle Mort.:biggrin:

God, I love the cafe. Just as it is.

Quoth - :sad::tongue::tongue:

Only just tho !:smile:
(runs zig zagging for cover )

GentleBenn said:
Only just tho !:tongue:
(runs zig zagging for cover )

Oh you can run Benn, but you can't hide.

I will hunt you down.

And I won't be Gentle either.:sad:

GentleBenn

Veteran
Phew !!

(I knew reverse psycology would work , he says walking away with a bearlike swagger,helmet tilted to one side, lycra bursting at the seams ! ):biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Uncle Mort said:
Florence Fennel. A lovely and much-underrated vegetable. But how should it be classified? Importantly, is it a root vegetable? I find it grows less well in raised beds and it's tolerant - even appreciative - of heavier clays. Excessive drainage is the key here.

Is that where I went wrong last year - grew it for the first time, and it never seemed to form a bulb. I grew it in my raised beds with the improved soil unlike our normal heavy clay.

Top Bottom