FNRttC Manchester-Morecambe FNRttC 16th October 2015.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Breakfasts ordered, booze orders taken at nine. Cracking night out. We took all the right roads, not necessarily in the right order.

Harsh Stu but fair and also in keeping. In my defence, I only got one road/note wrong :-)..

U

User482

Changed at Preston, Wigan North Western, Wigan Central, Manchester Victoria and Manchester Piccadilly. I need a lie down.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
I'm home and clean after a very uneventful journey back. It felt extremely warm in the city and I started over-heating in my waterproof. Rather than stop and take it off, I just rode more slowly :smile:.

Thanks for a lovely evening and for helping me out whenever I asked. I'd been stressing about the ride since I did the reccy with Martin.
It was lovely to see you all again and to meet Katie and Pete.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Harsh Stu but fair and also in keeping. In my defence, I only got one road/note wrong :-)..
I was of course quoting Morecambe's most famous son. Your Garmin definitely wasn't on the 'Any Road' setting, we certainly took the right ones for the most part :smile:

I enjoyed doing the first 20 or so miles from Manchester, the weather was certainly a little warmer than when we did the recce ride, I was even warm enough despite wearing my shorts! I jumped off at Affetside as I had to be at work for 7.30am and missed the climb up to Edgworth and the Grane road the best part of the ride, . I know it would have been a bit cooler up there, so I hope you all enjoyed the rest of the ride. Next year I hope to do the full ride.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'm home and clean after a very uneventful journey back. It felt extremely warm in the city and I started over-heating in my waterproof. Rather than stop and take it off, I just rode more slowly :smile:.

Thanks for a lovely evening and for helping me out whenever I asked. I'd been stressing about the ride since I did the reccy with Martin.
It was lovely to see you all again and to meet Katie and Pete.

And you did an excellent job!

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On this point. The run along the Lune Estuary path from Glasson Dock and finish with views across the bay to the Lake District fells put this at number 2 on my list of FNRttC finishes. So a big 'thank you' @Andrew Br

Yes, that was fab.

And it had a better surface than any of the roads used.
I have ridden to Glasson Dock 4 or 5 times on audax events and my own forum rides but have never tried that path. It sounds good so I will give it a go on my next Glasson Dock ride in Spring, 2016.

Top Bottom