FNRttC Manchester-Morecambe FNRttC 16th October 2015.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Spare train tickets available:

Friday 16/10 London Euston > Manchester - departs 21:00, arrives 23:11 -- Coach A, Seat 3 + bike reservation
Saturday 17/10 Lancaster > London Euston -- departs 12:38, arrives 15:13 -- Coach A, Seat 41 + bike reservation

Adam will have all the orange pieces of cardboard, so any late joiners (with the nod from Andrew Br) who can make use of them, just turn up at Euston and find Adam!
Likewise, anyone needing a return to London after breakfast & beers on Saturday.

Total cost to me was £41 but I'm open to offers. Just hate to see them wasted and they're non-refundable.
GWS. You'll be missed.

GWS. You'll be missed.
Thanks Stu.

Saw the osteopath today - she was shocked. She could tell from the bruises, swelling and inflammation in my lower legs and IT band which technique* was used by the massage therapist I saw last weekend. It's called Rolfing. I kid you not.

* Apparently there are 2 schools of thought for manipulating/releasing fascial tissues. The one that pulverised me is pretty brutal. Works great on your generally over-built, musclebound rugby player or bodybuilder with poor flexibility**.

** None of which describes me.

mistral

Guru
I'm afraid I'm out too

Nothing serious but DIY over exertion last weekend lugging radiators around, twisted my back & hip. I was hoping it to have eased, but it's not, not enough any way.

Really sorry to have missed this and seeing you all

Have a great ride and good luck

kimble

Veteran
Well, the weather forecast is suggesting 9C and dry, so I think I'm going to go with the Ortliebs full of waterproofs, thermals and spare socks. I know how this ride works, it's not like a couple more kilos will slow me down, and I used up my karma last week in Cumbria.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Thanks Stu.

Saw the osteopath today - she was shocked. She could tell from the bruises, swelling and inflammation in my lower legs and IT band which technique* was used by the massage therapist I saw last weekend. It's called Rolfing. I kid you not.

* Apparently there are 2 schools of thought for manipulating/releasing fascial tissues. The one that pulverised me is pretty brutal. Works great on your generally over-built, musclebound rugby player or bodybuilder with poor flexibility**.

** None of which describes me.

:sad: GWS

I'm afraid I'm out too

Nothing serious but DIY over exertion last weekend lugging radiators around, twisted my back & hip. I was hoping it to have eased, but it's not, not enough any way.

Really sorry to have missed this and seeing you all

Have a great ride and good luck

Double :sad:. You'll both be missed.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Safe and happy ride tonight, FNRttCpeeps.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
On 2nd train of the night- made the connection at Winchester OK despite delays due to some twit trespassing on the line. Into Mordor Central in just over an hour, Piccadilly train leaves 2031.

Oh, the new bike's ready....:smile:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Can someone remind me to bring my hip flask, and more importantly actually remember that I've got it during the ride instead of when I'm back home (unlike Llandudno... )?

Ta.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
If we're very very lucky and have clear skies at about 5:30 in the morning, there is the most spectacular and unusual planetary conjunction to see at the moment.
Fingers x-ed. it was pretty amazing one morning earlier this week.

Top Bottom