FNRttC Manchester-Morecambe FNRttC 16th October 2015.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
No Helen?

She's coming to the start to say "hello" and is riding with us as far as Whitefield.
Then she'll turn off and go to bed.

OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
One thing I forgot to say up-thread: please check your bikes over to reduce, as much as possible, the risk of breakdowns (both mechanical and emotional).
Pay particular attention to your tyres and use the "User10571"* method to get ride of anything trapped in the rubber.
If there are bulges in the tyres or you can see the threads underneath the rubber, you need to replace the tyre before Friday.
Anyone getting a puncture in a knackered tyre is going to buy the drinks at the next stop.

*Let the air out of the tyre, squeeze the tread and prise out any glass/grit/thorns with a blunt screwdriver.
Re-inflate again before use.

Last edited:
Reactions: srw
OP
OP
Andrew Br

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Ahem! Missing an Andrew there!

Arse.
Apologies Andrew (and I always avoid aliteration).
You're in there now:-

Adam B
Adrian C
Andrew Br
Andrew Bu
Charlie B
Eddie C
Gordon P
John S
Katie S
Kim W
Marcus C
Martin A
Mary L
Mick D
Nasir M
Pete L
Simon S
Sonia W
Steve McG
Steve R
Stu A
Tacey L
Yoav T

Last edited:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Arse.
Apologies Andrew (and I always avoid aliteration).
[pedantry]
assonance
[/pedantry]

Have fun one and all. One day I'd like to join you on this, but (a) I'm probably not bike-fit for a hilly ride, and (b) I'll be rather jetlagged tomorrow night.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Is there a GPX of the final route?
The Charging of the Batteries (capital letters required, lot of batteries) is done, Chutney's been checked over (yes, my tyres are fine, thank you very much), and the pannier's fine for clearance and a doddle to get on and off even loaded. Ortliebs are fab aren't they?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Weather forecast for tomorrow pm is a bit borderline between wet and dry. Think the mudguard bike will make an appearance.

Did someone mention of panniers? Best keep it quiet from Dellzeqq.

Spare train tickets available:

Friday 16/10 London Euston > Manchester - departs 21:00, arrives 23:11 -- Coach A, Seat 3 + bike reservation
Saturday 17/10 Lancaster > London Euston -- departs 12:38, arrives 15:13 -- Coach A, Seat 41 + bike reservation

Adam will have all the orange pieces of cardboard, so any late joiners (with the nod from Andrew Br) who can make use of them, just turn up at Euston and find Adam!
Likewise, anyone needing a return to London after breakfast & beers on Saturday.

Total cost to me was £41 but I'm open to offers. Just hate to see them wasted and they're non-refundable.

Top Bottom