Mens urinals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The urinals in Schipol Airport have a little drawing of a fly in the porcelain to have something to aim at.
Was it a bee?
One company used a bee as a clever pun on the Latin name for bees -Apis

Some clubs I used to go to in the 90's had a cm or two depth of p*ss to wade through if you dared go to the loo. It was disgusting.
Joanna's in Portsmouth had a big plastic tree in the middle - the thing most people remember is the squelch as you walked across the carpet

Andrew_P

In between here and there
One thing boils my p1ss (excuse the pun) in a public toilet is when you walk up to a urinal, there's someone already at another one and as you approach, they shuffle closer and closer to theirs, getting so close you'd think they were going to climb in it.
I always think...'fcuk off, waddaya think, I might look at yours ?
'
For some reason, it REALLY pees me off. Jesus, you can't even use the toilet like a grown man...pillock.
At the tender age of 18 in Victoria after a night up town me and a mate dying for pish went in to the station Toilets completely oblivious it was the 80's version of Grinder and I think going by the staring they make their judgement on the size of equipment my mate who had one either side blew a gasket when he realised what was going on. We were saved by Police raiding it wtf. So if it is clean and tidy I will use the stalls. Never really grasped why men are expected to have a communal pish anyway.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Why would I ever consider standing up when there is usually a perfectly good toilet to sit on either there (at home) or nearby (pub, cafe etc)? Maybe I've just perfected the art of laziness better than others.

Obviously there are occasions when out on bike rides where standing up is necessary.

And what's with this new trend of undoing your belt and trousers completely to use a urinal???
Me too, plus its easier to not to shake piss everywhere.. Every time a male uses our toilet at home you can see where they have shake it everywhere, yet another bizarre thing about standing when you can sit and shake it in the bowl, or god forbid give it a wet wipe.

I am guilty of the belt and top button, but only with button fly jeans, of which I am down to my last pair and when they are gone they are gone..

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Legendary toilets in Hull (now closed due to cost) that had goldfish in the glass cistern - all was fine until it was 'flush time' - rumour has it that the 'janitor' replaced then with goldfish shaped pieces of carrot ... helped take your mind off the act ...
6264074418_955e783ef3_b.jpg

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Legendary toilets in Hull (now closed due to cost) that had goldfish in the glass cistern - all was fine until it was 'flush time' - rumour has it that the 'janitor' replaced then with goldfish shaped pieces of carrot ... helped take your mind off the act ...
6264074418_955e783ef3_b.jpg

they are one set of post urinals

Hyslop

Veteran
Such urinals are common in Soho and other parts of London. They even have some which pop up from underground at night...
We had a rather interesting loo at Devonshire Walk car park (some distance from the city centre)some years ago.One of those automated affairs. Utter menace as it never worked quite as intended and quite often,when driving along,you would see people,of all sexes,clutching themselves and hobbling towards the nearby museum,desperate for a cultural experience and urgent relief.Mind you,one of the most dangerous I can recall was on the Tyneside Metro,South Gosforth if I remember.On my way in to the city and overcome by a surfeit of tea I decided to use the auto loo.Wouldnt close,trains came and went,I went red blue,and finally green.Half the population of North Newcastle went home in stitches,and when the b****y thing did eventually work,I miised the Metro,and arrived in town to play catchup and star the whole process over again.:smile:

PK99

Legendary Member
A while ago, there was a study done by some psychologists about mens' pissing behaviour in public lavatories. They set up a hidden camera looking down a line of urinals and timed the interval between the users "stepping up to the task" and actually producing some wee. The closer a neighbouring user was, the longer it took for them to get going.
Lord alone knows what the purpose of the research was.

http://paruresis.org/

Welcome to the official IPA (International Paruresis Association) website.
This site is provided as a resource for people who find it difficult or impossible to urinate in the presence of others, either in their own home or in public facilities. Also, for people who have difficulty under the stress of time pressure, when being observed, when others are close by and might hear them, or when traveling on moving vehicles.

You are not alone. In fact, recent studies show that about seven percent (7%) of the public, or 21 million Americans (220 million worldwide), may suffer from this social anxiety disorder. Often referred to as Pee-Shy, Shy-Bladder, Bashful Bladder, etc., avoidant paruresis is nothing to be ashamed of, and you have made an important step simply by coming to this website.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
http://paruresis.org/

Welcome to the official IPA (International Paruresis Association) website.
This site is provided as a resource for people who find it difficult or impossible to urinate in the presence of others, either in their own home or in public facilities. Also, for people who have difficulty under the stress of time pressure, when being observed, when others are close by and might hear them, or when traveling on moving vehicles.

You are not alone. In fact, recent studies show that about seven percent (7%) of the public, or 21 million Americans (220 million worldwide), may suffer from this social anxiety disorder. Often referred to as Pee-Shy, Shy-Bladder, Bashful Bladder, etc., avoidant paruresis is nothing to be ashamed of, and you have made an important step simply by coming to this website.
^^^^^^^^ Splendid! Thank-you @PK99.

Top Bottom