Microwaved Jacket Spuds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Vile.

The microwave is a decent thing but there are just some things that can't be sorted out..... even if it's a micro/grill contraption.

I ordered a spud today from the local cafe, with chilli and it was shite. :biggrin:

If you were to cook anything in a microwave, what would it be?

Apart from warming up last night's take-away of course. :tongue:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
snapper_37 said:
If you were to cook anything in a microwave, what would it be?

Apart from warming up last night's take-away of course. :biggrin:

Agree about the spuds :tongue:

I very rarely use the microwave, but do have oats so simple sometimes for breakfast & it's easier 1st thing in a morning to nuke it in the microwave than cook propper porrige.

Last night's take-away always gets eaten last night, so nothing to warm up :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
I sometimes give a spud 10 minutes in the michaelwave and then finish it off in the oven, much better results.

Other than re-heating my own cooking from out the freezer and making milk hot I don't think I use it for anything else.

People cook bacon in them :biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
If I have baked spuds I will microwave them first to get them part cooked on the inside and then stick them in the oven.

I don't then to cook with a microwave, I just heat things up with it like soup or tinned rice pudding.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Soltydog said:
Agree about the spuds :biggrin:

it's easier 1st thing in a morning to nuke it in the microwave than cook propper porrige.

Agree on the spuds - micro is disgusting but porridge can only be cooked in a pan - only takes 5 minutes. Tried that oats-so-simple stuff once - friggin horrible :tongue:

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
longers said:
I sometimes give a spud 10 minutes in the michaelwave and then finish it off in the oven, much better results.
:biggrin:

Which is what we do. You just don't expect to pay a few quid and the spud is shite :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blast spuds in microwave and finish off in oven - although best cooked in oven really - my baked were in the oven tonight - yum.... only an hour for a medium sized spud !

Good for warming milk.....

OK for frozen peas..very fast....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
snapper_37 said:
Which is what we do. You just don't expect to pay a few quid and the spud is shite :biggrin:

No, if out and about you should be getting proper oven spuds...

longers

Legendary Member
snapper_37 said:
Which is what we do. You just don't expect to pay a few quid and the spud is shite :biggrin:

There's good ones to be had on Glossop Market, they're proper ones, they take out the insides, mix it up with the fillings/s of your choice, pop it all back in and only charge a couple of quid or so.

If you're ever passing on a Saturday, the All Day Breakfast ones are good!

Maz

Guru
Good question, snapper. In our household the microwave is only ever used for heating stuff up!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've got a super-duper Panasonic microwave oven (and no real one). It uses a combination of microwaves, convection heating and grill on its jacket potato setting and it gets them to about 90% of the quality of real baking and that's near enough for me. It does very good baked sweet potatoes too... yum!

baked_sweet_potato.jpg

Top Bottom