Middle-Class Thread Alert ⚠ (Warning, contains graphic poncery)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Miss Goodbody has ordered some human-sized containers for her soon-to-open "House of Pain"

I guess it's not hard to see how the word might go from "an effeminate man" to "someone who bakes bread in little wooden baskets"
- True....I suppose it's also not such a stretch to also extend to include baked bread in little wooden baskets carried in an Audi / BMW / Land Rover either........

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Looks perfect to make one of these from it..
tumblr_lw94g4lMhr1qcn3o7o1_1280-1-560x373.jpg
That looks like a heart attack waiting to happen.

GM

Legendary Member
To coin a poncey phrase, 'That looks totes yumtus'

jefmcg

Guru
Bugger. I'm not nearly as pretentious as I thought. I ferment my own yoghurt and have I lovely sour dough starter that I created from wild yeast, but I had no idea until now there was even such a thing as a proving basket, which I'm guessing that is. It's obviously just poncy retail packaging, as you couldn't really safely reuse it - that staple would be an ideal harbour for unfriendly organisms.

Edit: 2 asides -
  1. focaccia is a flat bread, nothing like this
  2. ciabatta was invented in 1982. Irrelevant, but I feel everyone should know this. It's the Italian equivalent of a plowman's lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: srw

jefmcg

Guru
[QUOTE 4034547, member: 76"]you are pretentious and poncey[/QUOTE]
I'm unequivocally not poncey. I'm not living of the proceeds of prostitution, and I am have XX chromosomes, so I am not an effeminate man. But the point is taken.

(when yoghurt is milk left 8 hours in warm place, and milk is less than 50p per litre while yoghurt is over £2 at the cheap end of the market, I'll stick with it. Especially even the posh flavoured yoghurts add starch as a thickener as it's cheaper than using enough milk. Yes, I'm looking at you, Rachel's Organic.)

I've been contemplating this thread over my homemade sourdough sandwich and I've decided 3bm is poncey but not a ponce. Two different words are they not. At least I always thought they were. I mean he might also be a ponce, we all have secrets but I suspect he's not actually that complex.

Top Bottom