mike e planning again !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

Thought it might be nice to finish our great year with a ride and a few drinks, perhaps more emphasis on the drinking than the riding.

As you know I need to book early to save £££ so I could make the Saturday before christmas 19/12/09 or after christmas 29/12/09 or 30/12/09.

If a date is agreed I can book my train and we can cobble together a plan of action, shorter ride and nice session in the pub with everyone.

Sounds good, ideas and feedback and I'll start booking...:thumbsup::biggrin::biggrin:

I replied under your PandR post...:becool:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Am off work over Christmas and new year, well, 23rd to 5th Jan, so up for anything!

But... this will be during the drinking and kebab period so will have to fit around something or another no doubt!

OP
OP
M

mike e

Davywalnuts said:
Am off work over Christmas and new year, well, 23rd to 5th Jan, so up for anything!

But... this will be during the drinking and kebab period so will have to fit around something or another no doubt!

Don't worry Davy, this ride will be more about the drinking of beer and the eating of kebab's...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
mike e said:
Don't worry Davy, this ride will be more about the drinking of copious amounts of beer, shotz, champagne and cocktails Davy stylie and the eating of mixed doner kebab's with a side or taziki and pitta, onion rings and chips... extra chilli sauce boss?

I think this time then you may want to book a room for the night too then as am sure you wont be walking for s*** after!! LOL! :biggrin:

mistral said:
Nice one, just an idea, St Albans is a short hop from Kings X, and the Colney Fox is in the same group as the Thames Court, don't know it, but looks to be same quality fare -

http://www.vintageinn.co.uk/thecolneyfoxlondoncolney/

Could then drop back via Hampstead for a late afternoon ale before wending our way

For me it's dependent on family commitments

We are your alternative family...you are feeling sleepy....come along with us...you know it makes sense...

There's also a fair ride to Hertford or Ware - nice "undulating" fun through Little Switzerland. Could work in a trip up Highgate Hill or part of the park ride en route to Harrow Weald, Borehamwood, Stirling Corner for Mouseketeering fun. Join in with a bit of stevevw's ride route etc (Can't remember the pub we went in - bit posh and snooty IIRC - so definitely no riff-raffle.:angry: ) Nice perfumed soap in the Gents though...:biggrin:

stevevw

Guru
We do have some nice pubs round this way that also do some good food at a good price. I could investigate for the great Mike e Christmas Piss up Bike ride.

I would even ride down to London just to ride back again with you all.

PS the posh pub was a recommendation from a work mate. He is obviously on a higher salary than me.

OP
OP
M

mike e

What's everyone's thinking?

Saturday before Chrstmas?

Tuesday or Wednesday between Christmas and New Year?

I'm thinking the Saturday before...

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Oh well, I don't know Mikee...can I suffer your chatty company with the majority of it in a pub and no option of two wheeled escape??

Depends when it is as Christmas plans are looming..

des.o

Veteran
Sounds good to me - my vote goes for between Christmas and NY, but probably up for the Sat before as well. Just to throw in a ride idea in that I had been talking about with a mate - a London football grounds tour?

Reckon that QPR/Brentford/Fulham/Chelsea/Charlton/West Ham/Orient/Spurs/Arsenal could be managed in a west/south/east/north loop. or alternatively we could go for a nice ride in the countryside......

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There is nothing to see at these grounds... in fact they are all in very bad litter strewn street areas of London, can't see why anyone would want to go anywhere near them to be honest A trip to the countryside is the better option :biggrin:

des.o said:
Sounds good to me - my vote goes for between Christmas and NY, but probably up for the Sat before as well. Just to throw in a ride idea in that I had been talking about with a mate - a London football grounds tour?

Reckon that QPR/Brentford/Fulham/Chelsea/Charlton/West Ham/Orient/Spurs/Arsenal could be managed in a west/south/east/north loop. or alternatively we could go for a nice ride in the countryside......

Top Bottom