Minor Races 2023 / 2024 Spoilers !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru

tarric

Über Member
The tweet was a bit of a a pee take,Vingo has form for no hands riding 😁....Decorabanos team.
OK thanks, When I saw it I did think well Roglič has gone that should cutdown their crash count, I have to agree though when he does the no hands group ride across the line he doesn't look the most confident.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I can't remember who it is that has the hots for the mercurial, Guillaume Martin (@Dogtrousers ?)...but he's won a proper serious literary prize!

Chapeau!

https://www.academie-francaise.fr/prix-jacques-de-fouchier

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So what's it all about, Guillaume?

An individual sport practiced in teams, cycling takes us back to our deepest contradictions. Like any human organization, the peloton is made up of different "social classes" where each person's place is assigned according to their role to play: the first in line (the leaders), the executives (the road captains), the proletarians ( water carriers). This hierarchical universe, with its power games and its exchanged services, where all impulses are exacerbated and where it is nevertheless necessary to get along, the author knows it well since he practices it on a daily basis. So what can this cycling microcosm teach us about what is at stake within this great peloton that we call society? At a time when global crises are multiplying – ecological, health, ideological – are we not similar to this ambiguous and recalcitrant rider who favors his own interest, without seeing that this harms the entire community?

Ah, I see. Strokes chin, nods head. Very wise.

An individual sport practiced in teams, cycling takes us back to our deepest contradictions. Like any human organization, the peloton is made up of different "social classes" where each person's place is assigned according to their role to play: the first in line (the leaders), the executives (the road captains), the proletarians ( water carriers). This hierarchical universe, with its power games and its exchanged services, where all impulses are exacerbated and where it is nevertheless necessary to get along, the author knows it well since he practices it on a daily basis. So what can this cycling microcosm teach us about what is at stake within this great peloton that we call society? At a time when global crises are multiplying – ecological, health, ideological – are we not similar to this ambiguous and recalcitrant rider who favors his own interest, without seeing that this harms the entire community?

Ah, I see. Strokes chin, nods head. Very wise.

But the seagulls still follow the trawler, non?

Chislenko

Veteran

I wonder which "recalcitrant" riders are playing on his mind at Cofidis!

bitsandbobs

Über Member
First showdown of the season between WvA, MvdP and Pidcock today in Antwerp.

Field duly crushed by MvdP. WvA a distant second (just back from a training camp) and Pidock 7th (although sick apparently).

Last edited:
Top Bottom