mistakes in movies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In the last 4 ITV showings of Notting Hill they have cut to an advert break - thus missing the best bit- at the moment when Spike exhales his smoke into the goggles and looks directly at the camera.

Night Train

Maker of Things
In every single episode of the Dukes of Hazzard, when the General Lee does its trademark jump you can see it coming down very steeply bonnet-first. It always lands perfectly.

I wouldn't like to think how many cars they destroyed in that series.
I was going to say that one but it wasn't a fiim. But you do see the car snap in half just behind the bonnet and then drive on with out a scratch.:biggrin:

sw3008

Guru
How's about Wolverine.

When Hugh Jackman's in the water being transformed into the proper Wolerine, he's wearing black boxer type shorts.

When he fights his way out, he's suddenly naked.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
In every single episode of the Dukes of Hazzard, when the General Lee does its trademark jump you can see it coming down very steeply bonnet-first. It always lands perfectly.

I wouldn't like to think how many cars they destroyed in that series.

When I was knee high to a grasshopper we went to Universal Studio's in LA and I sat in what I thought was THE one and only KITT it even spoke to me and said I had a nice red T Shirt on (Crown Paint Liverpool top I think), about 35 minutes later and in a different part of the studio I saw the biggest pile of scrapped KITT cars (used one, sometimes two for each jump scene then scapped it) from Knight Rider, devastated is not the word!

red_tom said:
In Four Weddings and a Funeral High Grant's character picks Andie MacDowell over Kristin Scott Thomas yet for the rest of the film he seems totally sane.

Your right Tom, this one is up there with some of the biggest Gaffs of all time.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Local Hero. The sexy marine biologist is talking to the Peter Capaldi character and points along the coast and says "look, grey seals!" and the shot cuts to some library footage of sea lions.

Night Train

Maker of Things
sw3008 said:
How's about Wolverine.

When Hugh Jackman's in the water being transformed into the proper Wolerine, he's wearing black boxer type shorts.

When he fights his way out, he's suddenly naked.
I didn't notice that but I bet my gf did.:ohmy:

In the Heat of the Night - Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger are driving quickly through a town at night. There's an old black fella hobbling along with the aid of a walking stick. Several minutes later, they're still driving through town and they pass the same old black fella!

Either they got lost, or the black chap isn't as 'pedestrian'as he looks! :ohmy:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
In the movie Point Break Patrick Sweaty et al are seen skydiving for minutes on end. A standard skydive from 15,000 feet (as high as you can go without oxygen due to restrictions on time spent above 10,000 feet) will have a freefall time of about a minute.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Not so much a mistake, more of an 'easter egg' was watching Star Wars Episode 1 the other day with my son for the gazillionth time and noticed ET in the background at the end anyone else spot the little fella?

Rob S

ELL said:
bet you lot are a barrel of laughs to take to the cinema

Pfft....that's nothing....take a trip over to the IMDB, look for Titanic and under the 'Goofs' some party animal has spotted that When Jack is handcuffed to the steel pipes in the Master-at-arms' office, the pipe fittings are of welded steel construction. Electric arc welding was not used until the late 1920's. Pipes would have been flanged and threaded.

:ohmy:

Top Bottom