Mortar query...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've been watchng the builders at work converting the building opposite my flat, fascinating it all is, especially compared with my PhD...

Anyway, watching them make mortar in the cement mixer, I've seen the samd go in, and the cement, and the water, but also a little sachet of stuff they tear open and empty into the mix. What is it? I'm assuming it's not cup-a-soup, which is what it looks like from a distance...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
probrably Hydraulic lime.
Stops the cement from drying too quickly and shrinking.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sittingduck said:
Oh have you now :tongue: Shame on you Arch!

Alas, none of them are that picturesque. I really am more interested in watching the forklift and digger at work...

Seasoning, thanks, I thought it might be:wacko:. That would be the ultimate ponce, wouldn't it "Oh, yes, the mortar is all infused with Saffron...."

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Time for the delightful Slim Gaillard and "Cement Mixer, Putt-i putt-i"
(I once bought him a drink, you know)... a more surreal and more intelligent fella I've never met...
He could play just about any instrument you care to mention, and play the piano with his hands upside down, or using oranges instead of his fingers...

asterix

Comrade Member
Arch said:
Seasoning, thanks, I thought it might be:wacko:. That would be the ultimate ponce, wouldn't it "Oh, yes, the mortar is all infused with Saffron...."

Maybe it's Fairy Liquid?

Today I was putting my front door frame in and added unibond to make it all stick better.

SDC10655.jpg

Top Bottom