Mortar query...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I assumed it was something to prevent drying out too quickly - not that they need it, since they stripped the old roof off we haven't had a day without rain....

It's quite fun watching them work - some seem to manage to work at the the slowest pace possible, but then I look as the size of the lumps of timber and stuff they are heaving about and think I'd have to pace myself.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Arch said:
That would be the ultimate ponce, wouldn't it "Oh, yes, the mortar is all infused with Saffron...."

If I ever build my own house and make it on to Grand Designs, that's definitely happening!:blush:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Landslide said:
If I ever build my own house and make it on to Grand Designs, that's definitely happening!:ohmy:

There's a road in Leicester called Saffron Lane. With all the Indian population, you might think of eastern spice and exoticism, but actually it's home to a rather run down council estate, and generally referred to as "The Saff".

asterix

Comrade Member
User76 said:
Did the cat sit there while the concrete was still wet by any chance:biggrin:

No, that's a pre-mortar picture taken the day previous.

The cat is a fully trained building site cat and knows better than to tread in wet concrete. Unfortunately he hasn't learned to make the tea.

Top Bottom