Most depressing product in a supermarket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
"There was a soft drink bottle on the windowsill. Its label boasted that it contained no nourishment whatsoever."
- Kurt Vonnegut

A bit like this?

IMG_20150808_162031.jpg

I despair when a labelling slight of hand is used to promote carbonated distilled water.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not supermarkets per se, just their self-service checkout things. I've yet to use my own bag and get out without without some lady-voiced machine announcing ''Unexpected item in the baggage area.'' Yes, it's a customer! One of those humming beans that we see a lot of.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 3890809, member: 259"]I must admit to buying fizzy water meself. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yebbut you have to wonder about the need to label distilled water as carb, sugar, sweeteners and gluten free not to mention sodium free.

Perhaps the purchasers are intelligence free?

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3890809, member: 259"]Well, seeing water being sold in a supermarket is itself pretty bad. My grandmas would have thrown a collective fit. I must admit to buying fizzy water meself. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Invented in Yorkshire.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Self serve tills are great. In, out, don't muck about. Hardly ever get 'unexpected item' or any of that nonsense people complain about.

Ganymede

Veteran
Not supermarkets per se, just their self-service checkout things. I've yet to use my own bag and get out without without some lady-voiced machine announcing ''Unexpected item in the baggage area.'' Yes, it's a customer! One of those humming beans that we see a lot of.
I use an actual wicker basket and when I tried putting that on the till it DID ITS NUT.

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3891211, member: 259"]They probably said the same about the seed drill and the safety bicycle.[/QUOTE]
Didn't the seed drill improve the yield, whilst employing more though?

SWSteve

Guru
Wouldn't grated cheese freeze in a lump?

Pre grated shouldn't, it'll have an anti-caking agent (sand normally) to stop it sticking together

young Ed

Veteran
precooked jacket potatoes, they take as long as a real jacket potato and is cooked in the same way. what's the ruddy point?
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom