Motivation really needed............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Hi everyone-the suns shining here and its a lovely day, iv got 3 days off work, so why am I feeling like poo??:tongue:

I was planning to go on a good long ride today, bikey is all ready for the off, but I cant seem to get myself wanting to...been horse riding first thing tho didnt really want to do that either,and am now messing about ont'tinternet,,pondering,,instead of out there riding.Somebody give me a kick up the backside please!!:sun:

I think its a combination of my shoulder really hurting today(torn muscle)and that it will soon be a year ago since my Mum died very unexpectedly and suddenly, and I am feeling very raw about it all again.

Im sure ill feel better for getting out there and blasting my cobwebs off? Strange, as this is the first time iv not felt like riding-usually I cant wait!:evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go now, on that bike....go go....

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about your mum Lisa :evil:

Maybe your expectations are too high, you've been hoping and planning for a decent ride and building up to it too much.

You're probably right about feeling fine once you're out there. If you set off and it's good then carry on and enjoy it, if it doesn't feel right then don't beat yourself up about it. There will be other rides. Plenty of them :sun:

I get quite grumpy pre ride sometimes and think "can't be arsed with this at all, what a load of faff, not going out, etc etc" and then it's all forgotten within a couple of hundred metres of leaving the gate.

Whatever you do, have fun!

TVC

Just go, often once you're on the move the juices start flowing again and your off. If after 5 miles you still don't fancy it then come home have a cuppa and a big slice of cheesecake. - Job done!

buggi

Bird Saviour
sorry about your mum hun, but get out there and get the adrenaline going and you will feel much better and start remembering the good times

(i don't know why i'm giving this advice... i am feeling pretty unmotivated myself and have set myself a target of 75 miles by the end of the bank holiday weekend. Hmmm)

Rob S

Lisa21 said:
Hi everyone-the suns shining here and its a lovely day, iv got 3 days off work, so why am I feeling like poo??:evil:

I was planning to go on a good long ride today, bikey is all ready for the off, but I cant seem to get myself wanting to...been horse riding first thing tho didnt really want to do that either,and am now messing about ont'tinternet,,pondering,,instead of out there riding.Somebody give me a kick up the backside please!!:sun:

I know how you feel as I'm exactly the same right now....it's not helped by a case of vertigo/ear infection thing that has meant I can't really cycle anywhere for the last 4-6 weeks....I've taken to walking instead for now and will be off for 5-6 miles shortly.

When I have the same motivational problem but am physically able to ride a usual century....something I get several times a year...I just go for a gentle potter somewhere scenic, forget about how far it is, and just enjoy the views and/or atmosphere instead....active rest I call it.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i'm gonna have a kip. i'm unmotivated coz i'm tired, so i'm gonna have a kip for an hour and then go out on my bike.

peanut

Rob S said:
.it's not helped by a case of vertigo/ear infection thing that has meant I can't really cycle anywhere for the last 4-6 weeks....

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh thats horrible .You so have my sympathy.
I had that twice on the trot last year.
Some days I couldn't even get out of bed the room was spinning so much.xx(xx(:evil: just feel like throwing up all the time.
I thought I was having a heart attack when I woke up with it at first.:tongue::biggrin:

Lisa so sorry to hear about your Mum . I lost mine too and nothing in life can prepare you for that.

Hope you feel a bit more positive soon. Don't worry your motivation will return. Just slob out today and enjoy a nice bit of cake and don't feel guilty about a thing. Tomorrow is another day.:sun:

OP
OP
Lisa21

Lisa21

Mooching.............
Oh thanks everyone-I guess iv just been feeling a bit more down than I thought. On the positive side though, I took your advice and got off my arse and on my bike:biggrin:
The first ten miles were hard going and I kept saying one more mile then ill go home but once id clocked up 15 something seemed to trip my "miserable cow" switch back into the off position and I started to feel a lot happier. I ended up doing 36.8 miles-a lot of it VERY hilly and am proud of myself that I did all the hills and am not actually too knackered after!! I could have easily got to the 40 milestone today but I had to get home as time was getting on..............If im not back to do tea I think a search-party would be unleashed!!!!!:biggrin:

Once again tho thanks so much for your encouragement it was much needed today xxxxxxxxx

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
On days where motivation is lacking, you need to put on soem good music and just let that give you the urge to go out.
I find that works, i can sit here and think i wont go out, then put some music on and i get that urge to just go.
This week has been abit crap for me though, the rain and me being abit busy has ment i havent gone out much this week.
I was feeling pretty crap(down) for most of the week, but went out on thursday and got soaked in the rain. I felt amazing after that, till the evening then i felt crappy again

Top Bottom