Motorway Road Rage - Brits are idiots when they arrive at roadworks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 3656122, member: 9609"]so if the van driver (was it a lorry ?) had seen a cyclist making a mistake and had continued to run over that cyclist with the view that "I'm in the right" would you still be supporting the van driver ?[/QUOTE]

I think the lorry driver is a slightly less total bellend, I should have said. Mr Caravanner is a staggering clagnut, Mr Sweary Essex Lorry Driver is an ego-driven dangle-berry. The film version would be called When Cocks Collide.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Pleased to see the police, two cars ahead, were on the ball, fully aware of their surroundings and the emerging situation behind them... perhaps they should take one of their own driver awareness courses.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Pleased to see the police, two cars ahead, were on the ball, fully aware of their surroundings and the emerging situation behind them... perhaps they should take one of their own driver awareness courses.
Yes. They should have used their seebacktwohundredmetresoscope and returned the wrong way down the slip road to offer tea and hob nobs. The car two in front of them had a first aid kit, and didn't even come back to offer an elastoplast. Selfish tosser.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The problem is we can't see what the traffic was like behind the lorry. I hear horns but I'm not sure it's the lorry's horn - I think it may be another motorist.

The caravanner was a complete bellend who thinks that if you put your indicator on that gives you priority.

Equally the dash cam pilot is a bell end for assuming that the camera absolves him of all responsibility to take collision avoidance measures.

I bet he's a helmet cam wearer and regularly posts third party atrocities against him in the commuting forum and on Youtube.

yeah, the lorry driver didn't say a word when he must have noticed Mr Caravanner on his offside. It was a foul, but sweary Essex man blatantly dived.

Dave the Smeghead

Über Member
Different bridge: same pies?

10346313_10153308773915362_2709861954499784152_n.jpg
Almost as good as the "give PEAS a chance" on the M25 near the M40 junction

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Yes. They should have used their seebacktwohundredmetresoscope and returned the wrong way down the slip road to offer tea and hob nobs. The car two in front of them had a first aid kit, and didn't even come back to offer an elastoplast. Selfish tosser.
I expect the police driver was aware of what was behind him... I would have been checking my mirrors enough times to have spotted the incident developing.... must've been tea-time.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The vid in the OP just shows a lot of people not using the available road space properly.
Why do we love queuing so much that 95% of us get in the lane ages before necessary? What would have been better would be if people used both lanes right up to the end, then merged in turn. That would be better for everyone.

I have every sympathy with the driver trying to use the lane properly, and the driver doing the blocking is a total fotze.

subaqua

What’s the point
The caravanners are complete bellends who think that if you put your indicator on that gives you priority.

FTFY

have had to avoid hundreds of them trying to pull into the safe stopping distance i have in front of me when i am towing the trailer down to Cornwall. i am travelling at the speed limit for towing and they have passed me !

I will always take foot offf the throttle and dab the brakes to make the gap bigger as i really don't want to ruin my day !

usully a nobber vanner with a pretend 4x4

subaqua

What’s the point
The vid in the OP just shows a lot of people not using the available road space properly.
Why do we love queuing so much that 95% of us get in the lane ages before necessary? What would have been better would be if people used both lanes right up to the end, then merged in turn. That would be better for everyone.

I have every sympathy with the driver trying to use the lane properly, and the driver doing the blocking is a total fotze.

you also have the problem in that people don't know what the red X on the overhead gantries mean and will hoon along the near empty lane then try to force the way in to the queue. the best i saw was on the M1 when one of the traffic police who were in attendance was wrting down the number of each vehicle that was in the closed lane, I had a wry smile

Cubist

Still wavin'
I expect the police driver was aware of what was behind him... I would have been checking my mirrors enough times to have spotted the incident developing.... must've been tea-time.
SO what in the video leads you to believe they didn't see it and then do something about it? The video ends a minute perhaps after the collision. There is no way of knowing what they did. But, carry on and score your cheap points if it makes you feel good.

Top Bottom