Motorway Road Rage - Brits are idiots when they arrive at roadworks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear

This is how you merge in!

Seems to me that the vehicle trying to join the lane should be a whole length, that is car+caravan, ahead of the vehicle he is trying to pull in front of. He clearly isn't.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Just look at his face, he knows what he did!

sheepish.jpg

GC
(Yes, that is actually the culprit)

Cubist

Still wavin'
Junction 24 of the M62 Westbound often backs up in the 1st lane, signposted a mile beforehand as the exit lane for Huddersfield. Queue warning signs are lit about two miles if not more before, as the queueing often stretches back for all of that mile, sometimes more. Observant drivers go into the queueing lane well in advance, but I can guarantee that on every occasion you will see people indicating left halfway along the queue, trying to join it, having failed to get over in time. Many drivers refuse to let them in, and while I can sympathise with the attitude to some extent, traffic at teatime is extremely solid, with no room to change lanes. I have, on numerous occasions, seen cars come to a dead halt in lane two, trying to move across. Often, I have then seen a fully laden artic have to anchor on to avoid rear ending the stopped vehicle.

I now always leave a gap, and will allow the idiot driver to get across out of harm's way. Point of principle or not, I would not like to have the deaths of several people on my conscience. The consequences of a "It's my right, you're stupid" attitude in the circumstances are potentially horrific.

In the caravan video, the driver is a bellend, doubtless, but so is the driver of the Renault he first tries to get in front of. On a "point of principle" the lorry driver compounds that. By all means swear etc, but if he hadn't acted in the way he did, everyone would have got home for tea. Would he have posted the video if it had resulted in a fatality?

subaqua

What’s the point
Junction 24 of the M62 Westbound often backs up in the 1st lane, signposted a mile beforehand as the exit lane for Huddersfield. Queue warning signs are lit about two miles if not more before, as the queueing often stretches back for all of that mile, sometimes more. Observant drivers go into the queueing lane well in advance, but I can guarantee that on every occasion you will see people indicating left halfway along the queue, trying to join it, having failed to get over in time. Many drivers refuse to let them in, and while I can sympathise with the attitude to some extent, traffic at teatime is extremely solid, with no room to change lanes. I have, on numerous occasions, seen cars come to a dead halt in lane two, trying to move across. Often, I have then seen a fully laden artic have to anchor on to avoid rear ending the stopped vehicle.

I now always leave a gap, and will allow the idiot driver to get across out of harm's way. Point of principle or not, I would not like to have the deaths of several people on my conscience. The consequences of a "It's my right, you're stupid" attitude in the circumstances are potentially horrific.

In the caravan video, the driver is a bellend, doubtless, but so is the driver of the Renault he first tries to get in front of. On a "point of principle" the lorry driver compounds that. By all means swear etc, but if he hadn't acted in the way he did, everyone would have got home for tea. Would he have posted the video if it had resulted in a fatality?
M3 M25 junction is like that, as is the M4 M25. sunday evenings are terrible. I go one junction further up and come back as its quicker and safer.

Top Bottom