Mr Bodry - the cycling fans friend.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

From cyclingnews.com:

Pierre Bordry of French Anti-Doping Agency (AFLD) is unhappy that his agency will not be determining the doping controls for the 2009 Tour de France, and he criticized the UCI's anti-doping effectiveness.

"I didn't go to the Tour presentation because I did not wish to see UCI boss Pat McQuaid," said Pierre Bordry, president of the AFLD according to www.sportwereld.be. "I do not want to carry out checks without saying how it should be done. The UCI is going back in time, without targeted checks. "

Bordry had harsh words for the UCI and its effectiveness in catching dopers. "Between 2003 and 2007, there were no riders caught for EPO," said Bordry. "Well, I got seven
in a month! The UCI didn't catch anyone, and we did. [Riccardo] Ricco
was already known to have doped in the Giro d'Italia. Where were the UCI? "

Bordry said he didn't think his agency had caught everyone and cited limited resources. "Yet I believe that 80 percent of the peloton is clean."

mondobongo

Über Member
Give this man a big budget and put him in charge, he sounds like a doberman and that is what we need.

The UCI are a joke.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Keith Oates said:
Is it possible the lack of a nice little earner may have got him just a touch riled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt it. He seems to be someone who genuinely cares about cycling, unlike the UCI...

Keith Oates

Janner
I don't think it will make any difference to Armstrong or Bruyneel who does the testing. Armstrong will, as before, not knowingly take a banned substance and Bruyneel will do his best that none of the team do either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates said:
I don't think it will make any difference to Armstrong or Bruyneel who does the testing. Armstrong will, as before, not knowingly take a banned substance and Bruyneel will do his best that none of the team do either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Err, yes.

Tetedelacourse

Why have ASO not given the testing to AFLD then? Is it to ease relations with the UCI? That would be a sad indication of the way the sport has gone in recent years.

Tetedelacourse said:
Why have ASO not given the testing to AFLD then? Is it to ease relations with the UCI? That would be a sad indication of the way the sport has gone in recent years.
AFLD did a damn good job at the Tour this year, despite the suggestion from some on here (yes Keith, you) that positives would be covered up by ASO. Hopefully ASO will be pushing the UCI in a more pro-active direction. Hopefully....

Keith Oates

Janner
You're right Chuffy, I did say and think that there would be a cover up if any drugs were found, just shows how wrong I can be at times. I also now think that the UCI has learned from it's less than forceful attack on the testing procedures and will be very proactive in the future. However they are the world body for cycling and as Anne Gripper (Sp) said a few days ago they have to be certain before they start to rely on new tests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom