My DPD Delivery - Live Action Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Funnily enough, while I was out this lunchtime, a DPD van pulled out in front of me, drove off up the road. I then saw it do a three-point turn in someone's drive and come back towards me and past me. As I pulled up to the aforementioned drive, a man ran out of the house and wave frantically. Apparently he was waiting in for a DPD delivery. :sad: I pondered giving chase for all of about the ten seconds it took the van to get out of sight - no way, no how :laugh:

The house names and numbers on that road and even the names of the road are a bit confusing - like the road I live on, it changes name a few times along its course and the numbers don't behave entirely consistently. So, do you think it was an honest mistake, or a driver making up for lost time while making his sat nav track look like he attempted delivery?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Funnily enough, while I was out this lunchtime, a DPD van pulled out in front of me, drove off up the road. I then saw it do a three-point turn in someone's drive and come back towards me and past me.
Entertainingly, a delivery to work today will be by DPD and the driver mugshot looks like the same driver.

12 deliveries to go, 45 minutes ;)

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I think it's time to get your speaker stands out for the lads

There we are, all bi-wired in so there was a bit of fannying around to do. The rear tube has cable management so that wire you can see is nothing to do with it. Pretty funky...except for the music!

_20161021_124920.JPG

Edit: Oh yeah, there is another one too, it's thataway <<<<<<<----------

Last edited:
Looks about the same size as Mr Speaker in the House of Commons...this one's in the house of Specials. :smile: Hisses and 'bose' give way to whispers and Wharfdale. Are they on points, Ed? :ohmy:
Anyway - a pint or two of Bass, trebles all round and then a tweet or two about the new superstructure!
Then, some soothin' croonin' ol' country...Here's a Back to the Future snap of your lounge later tonight...

Wharfedales. I've got Wharfedales. Am I missing a trick by leaving the mesh cover on the front or am I just not down with the cool kidz?

Nibor

Bewildered
The previous owner of my house was a bit of an audiophile and the socket next to where you would logically locate a hifi stand is on its own spur with it's own fuse.

As someone who owns a business that uses couriers, I can tell you it's frustrating for my end too.

From the point of order to receipt, it is in our possession for around 5-10% of the overall time. The rest we are at the mercy of the same couriers. My experience is there's little difference between them and we have changed over the years to little effect other than massive upheaval in infrastructure for our systems.

Top Bottom