My favourite MP's claim is....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
(From the BBC quiz. How could any MP do his job without one?)

34o7wac.jpg

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I do like the claim put in for the duck island but moat cleaning and mole removal are right up there too.

However for underated weird claims I have to say Lembit Opik's claim for a £2500 plasma tv that was turned down not because it was unreasonable (oh no) but because it was during the dissolution of parliament right in the middle of the general election campaign the only days he wasn't an MP. How on earth did he get the time to buy a tv during the election campaign? Nutter.

Arch

Married to Night Train
[quote name='swee'pea99'](From the BBC quiz. How could any MP do his job without one?)

34o7wac.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I think it looks like the house the Wottingers and Pontipines live in, In the Night Garden.

(My nephew likes it, so I've sort of imbibed it all)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Arch said:
I think it looks like the house the Wottingers and Pontipines live in, In the Night Garden.

(My nephew likes it, so I've sort of imbibed it all)

Quite clearly;)

Take more water, Arch!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
[quote name='swee'pea99'](From the BBC quiz. How could any MP do his job without one?)

34o7wac.jpg
[/quote]

It's a lovely duck house. I'm sure they'll be very happy in it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yellow Fang said:
It's a lovely duck house. I'm sure they'll be very happy in it.

I think it demands a very elegant duck - one of those mandarin types perhaps, or something elegant like an avocet.

jonesy

Guru
Arch said:
I am deeply suspicious of the Tombliboos, it's the way their trousers fly off at random intervals.

I did knit my nephew his own Makka Pakka though...

View attachment 3000

Yeah, I think it looks creepy too, but apparently he likes it...

That is a great Makka Pakka! My little nephew has a rather grubby Iggle Piggle, which he loves.

Arch

Married to Night Train
jonesy said:
That is a great Makka Pakka! My little nephew has a rather grubby Iggle Piggle, which he loves.

Oli has an Iggle Piggle too. The knitted Makka Pakka also has a donut shaped sponge to wash faces with, like on the programme.

I feel sorry for Makka Pakka, I think he's a little bit Aspergic, and he collects stones, one of which he takes to bed at night.

My sister rang after the parcel arrived, to say she was feeling a bit left out, as Oli and Makka were watching 'Gar gar' (the best Oli can manage of the title yet) together, and she wasn't needed...

I was a bit dubious about the whole show to start with, but got quite into it while I was there for a week - anyway, anything narrated by Derek Jacobi is ok. I keep imagining him in a studio recording the phrase "Let's all chase the Ninky Nonk!", while thinking "I used to be Claudius...."

Top Bottom