My new RT-58

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin p

Cheers Al , I've not made my mind up about the saddle yet although it does have black stripe down the centre . I might swap it with the black one from my other bike . Don't start me off upgrading already mate ( the cheepest I've seen is over £50 ) although it does look nice along with the carbon bars!

Cyclist33

It looks evil!

How are you finding the vision wheels? I treated myself to a pair of those in January and I think they're great. Even better after a tune up from the local wheel maestro!

Martin p

Cheers cyclist 33 ........ I think ^_^

The Vision wheels seem very good although I've only been out for that 15 min ride just to make sure everything was ok . Did the wheel tuning make that much difference ?

Cyclist33

Cheers cyclist 33 ........ I think ^_^

The Vision wheels seem very good although I've only been out for that 15 min ride just to make sure everything was ok . Did the wheel tuning make that much difference ?

Yes - a lot! Not that they were bad before, but I asked the guy to check true and to generally ensure they were at the right sort of tension for a fast ride.

OP
OP
U

User33236

I swapped out my Visions for a set of Fulcrun racing 5 for three name reasons.

1. Although the rims aren't that deep and the aero spokes aren't that wide I found they caught side wides too readily for my liking.
2. I personally found them really tight to get tyres off and on and didn't fancy sorting a puncture at the roadside.
3. The black spokes on the Fulcrums (as opposed to silver on the Visions) added to the black look :-)

BigAl68

Über Member
They are a real pain for getting tyres on and off. I have Zondas now and my visions have just gone on my old trek which is being put into winter service from Wednesday when i get it out of my mates workshop and get some race blades stuck on it. Then the rt will be for dry days only during winter.

Martin p

I could put my AL 30's on the RT which would look nice but the visions won't go on my other bikes as they are 10/11 speed . I'll probably wait til next year if I had the Visions looked at as I probably won't ride it much in the winter .

Top Bottom