My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
View attachment 141645

Overlooking Pitsford Reservoir.

Pete, I recognised that tree immediately :smile: took this in July 2012 (infra red)

pitsford ir.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Pete, I recognised that tree immediately :smile: took this in July 2012 (infra red)

View attachment 141658
Nice photograph!
It's distinct shape makes it one of my favourite local trees. Virtually inaccessible at the moment due to the undergrowth. :smile:

[QUOTE 4439614, member: 21629"]
This woman means nobody to you, but for me ... This old granny is 88 yo now. She and her mother (my great grand mother) were 2 persons among all our relatives who really loved me.They simply didn't care that I haven't got a father. I was a very loved child for them. As she lives in the same village, I used to visit her despite my grandmothers anger. You even cannot imagine how nice woman she is. She will be the first in a queue to paradise.
d4588e8d2fddd29b7a59609084bddf3c.md.jpg

I really love her and every time I am in Lithuania I visit her. Only few people have so golden hearts. I've already missed her.
e3044427fc88b6bea59f33ae14f9b441.md.jpg

p.s. She's the person I love the most. Not my mother, not my grandma (already RIP), not anyone else. I just LOVE her.[/QUOTE]

The pictures would look great in black and white.

BB

macp

Guru
Sorry about the quality I chanced upon it and snapped it with phone. She looks a beauty doesnt she. I spotted it in our local choccy shop in Sandbach no doubt to commemorate the Cheshire stage (stage 3) tour of Britain on the 6th Sept.
29237938581_f75a423d1f_b.jpg

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
A quick loop to col de Miscon involves the Boulc tunnel. The old road used to go down the outside, but I guess it was falling into the gorge, and the cliff was falling onto the road, so they built this bad boy. 800m at about 10%, with sparse lighting by what seem like 5W bulbs every 50m. I've only ever ascended it, as a descent would scare me to death.

img_20160829_184742.jpg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
IMG_20160828_140421_zpsrkd9pdyv.jpg
Saw this on the Thames today, thought it was maybe a ye olde city reconstruction for the 350th anniverssary of the Great Fire of London, but the bottom right hand corner of the barge has carvings 1606-2016, which makes me think its some wooden reconstruction for the Shakespeare's Globe, just across the river, as its the 400th anniverssary of the great bards death. Anyone got any info on it?

I went past again today, and ye Gods there was another one, the mini city has doubled in size virtually overnight.
IMG_20160830_152541_zpsyhw4nafr.jpg
Closer inspection reveals I had the dates wrong when I originally spotted it, its 1666, so it has to be to do with the 350th anniversary of the Great Fire of London, mystery solved.^_^

Top Bottom