My picture of the day-Where's yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matiz

Guru
Chilly round Radipole lake this morning.
IMG_20161106_120554.jpg

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I'm no banana grower, alas I don't even have a garden, but I cycled past this the other day and was pretty impressed by the size of it, biggest outdoor one I've seen in London. Is this majestic nana destined to die in the coming weeks as it looks a bit large to bring indoors?
Banana%20Musgrove%20Crescent_zpsgfmokz7d.jpg

They might wrap the stems in something ( like bubble wrap and straw) to give them a winter coat, or they might just get away with not doing it if they have protection from most of the elements .
Any idea which way it's facing?

booze and cake

probably out cycling
They might wrap the stems in something ( like bubble wrap and straw) to give them a winter coat, or they might just get away with not doing it if they have protection from most of the elements .
Any idea which way it's facing?

Cheers for the info Dave. Its sort of SW facing so may get a bit of shelter from the northern wind. I shall make sure I cycle past in once the real cold weather starts to see if the owners wrap it up or leave it to fend for itself.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Ho hum. Back in Devon, and back to work tomorrow. At least the sun's out, but I won't quite get the same pleasure as being able to see the roof of my other house as in this panorama. Bloomin' 'eck, it still seems like a dream.

dsc04728a.jpg

Incidentally, if you expand the photo, you can see the col de Rousset road just to the left of the cloud to the left of the shrub sticking into the sky. Just in case it's one you know. If you don't know it, it's worth the effort, up and down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom