My rebuilt Viking Giro D'Italia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Thanks for all the kind comments.The bar tape has been replaced with thicker tape with more padding in black as the red was too thin.Also i had a pro bike fit yesterday and came home and instantly upped my average speed from mid-high 16 to 18.1 which is very encouraging,the bike is now spot on,still have to replace the crank set but that will come later.

Dajoker188

wow so bright! I think it is gorgeous. :laugh:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
How's the job situation?

Seems to me you might be able to earn a few quid fettling/upgrading bikes.
Job front is great thanks mate,been in my new job for 2 weeks now and very happy,i have sold a couple of our old bikes which i had played with a bit and made a pretty good profit on both however its getting very difficult to fine cheap bikes to do up lately,cheers for the kind comments :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Well i'm facing a dillema now.I pick up my lovely shiny new Bianchi at the weekend and wondering what to do with the Viking,seems a shame to banish it to a life on the turbo trainer,i have a lot of thinking to do now.

OH by the way the colour combo is a real stunner, really like it.........well done

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
The neoprene has gone,about a month ago now,put it on the bike from new to help protect the frame a bit but am a little less worried now ^_^
And many thanks for the kind comments:thumbsup: Just have to decide its future now.

DaveK

Dude, I like it!!!

I bought myself a Viking Giro D'Italia a year and a half ago second hand for £100 as I wanted to get into cycling.

I must have covered around 1500miles on the thing now at least and its been almost flawless. Reluctant to go into the highest rear cog but apart from that its fine. I've just ordered a new seat as the current one is ruining me, and i could do with a shorter stem as the bike is actually slightly too big for me.

How easy did you find upgrading the wheels and gears? All i would be looking to do is upgrade wheels to Fulcrum 5s maybe and Tiagra set up, including the terrible terrible brakes which it has at present.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Dude, I like it!!!

I bought myself a Viking Giro D'Italia a year and a half ago second hand for £100 as I wanted to get into cycling.

I must have covered around 1500miles on the thing now at least and its been almost flawless. Reluctant to go into the highest rear cog but apart from that its fine. I've just ordered a new seat as the current one is ruining me, and i could do with a shorter stem as the bike is actually slightly too big for me.

How easy did you find upgrading the wheels and gears? All i would be looking to do is upgrade wheels to Fulcrum 5s maybe and Tiagra set up, including the terrible terrible brakes which it has at present.
The brakes were swapped within a couple of days on mine after swapping the pads,de-greasing the rims etc as they were truly shocking,as for swapping the wheels just so long as you stick with 7 speed cassettes you'll be fine as i found the drivetrain to be hopeless coping with anything different.Its very straight forward though to swap the drivetrain over and really does improve the bike no end.Mine feels like a much better quality bike to ride,but there again the only standard bits left are frame and forks,bb and crankset.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom