Need somewhere nice for a long walk and pub lunch near Stoke tomorrow ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Dears

Going to drop my bike into Rourke's in Burslem tomorrow for some work. Then need to disappear for a few hours to let 'em get on with it for a few hours. I'll have the dog with me so would like to drive somewhere pleasant/interesting for a walk and pub lunch. I don't know the area, any ideas gratefully recieved!!

FF

Slioch

Guru
Mow Cop, a few miles to the north, is an interesting place to visit if you've not been there before, and a walk north east along the Staffordshire Way gives great views.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What about The Roaches? We used to go climbing there and it's a beautiful area with superb views.

The-Roaches-Mountain-View.jpg

Keep your eyes open and you might spot one of the few remaining wallabies, if they are still around the area.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Thanks Guys, looks fab!
Something to aim at. I fancy a stroll over the Roaches .... depends on the weather, if it's howling I'll go fo the reservoir... and a pootle over to Mow Cop maybe for beer!
Ta FF

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Well, did Mow Cop first, went to the reservoir cafe for coffee and a humongous piece of Florentine (dogs on lead only at the reservoir so no walkies) then went on to the Roaches where like Mow Cop the wind was strong enough to blow you over!

At the top there was a monster hail storm too .... Adventurous stuff!
Alas, no pub lunch .....
Thanks
FF

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
OP
Fab Foodie